imran1986's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

5 tips for travelling to Phi Phi Island

Recently I had a trip to Phi Phi Island in Thailand. It is an amazing place for holiday and honeymoon. A lot of travelers used to visit there each year including buddies from local guide. Here are some tips for them. This will be useful for planning a trip there.

1. Money exchange: Before you go to this paradise island make sure you have enough baht (Thailand currency) in your pocket. The exchange rate on the island is pretty low. So do the exchange before going to the island.
  2. Do not take a day trip: Taking a day trip to visit this heavenly island is a poor idea. You must stay there to enjoy the beauty of this island. A two days trip would be more preferable.
  3. Purchasing boat tickets: Most of the cases I prefer to buy tickets on my own but here things are different. Agency offers a pick-up and drops service from the ferry to your hotel. You have to travel a good distance from the town to catch the ferry at the jetty and it will cost you a fortune. But this agency offers a van which will carry multiple tourists from different hotels at a token amount. Don’t worry about safety. It is pretty safe.
  4. Mandatory sunscreen cream: Buy good sunscreen cream before traveling to Phi Phi. It will be too much sunny and hot like grilling chicken. So buy a SP30 or SP50 sunblock from those brand suits you best and take multiple.
  5. Use Google one program to book hotels: Google one program has an excellent option where you can compare the price of hotel listed on different websites. You also can see the details review in the Google maps. It will help you to decide. Book your stay before you go if you want hotels near the shore. If you want to stay longer in the hostel then you can find many options on theLong tail boats kept for the day tripsLong tail boats kept for the day tripsView from the top of the Phi Phi Island (view point-3)View from the top of the Phi Phi Island (view point-3)A moment from our resort's restaurantA moment from our resort's restaurant the island by yourself but almost none of them have a sea view.

Phi Phi Islands, Krabi, Thailand
12 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: 5 tips for travelling to Phi Phi Island

Hello @imran1986,

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, I really enjoyed reading the details and watching the great photos, congratulations!

I have just released your post from the Spam Filters.

I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

আমি এখনো থাইল্যান্ড যাইনি। আগামী বছর যাওয়ার প্ল্যান করেছি। @imran1986 ভাই, আপনার পোষ্টটা পড়ে অনেকগুলো বিষয় জানতে পেরেছি। অনেক ধন্যবাদ ভাই, এমন সুন্দর পরামর্শের জন্য।

golapmohi
Level 9

Thanks, @BorrisS  for releasing the post from spam. It is inspiring for me that you have liked it. It will encourage to write more about my experience and share it with my fellow friends in Local guides community. 

I went through the post related to the spam and found nothing matches to my post for being notified as spam. Yet I would be more careful about my future posts.

Best,

Imran  

Level 9

Thanks, @GolapM bhai. It really gives hope to write more if people like it. Please let me know if you need anything before you leave for Thailand. I can suggest you in details which will reduce the cost and make more enjoyable.  

Level 8

অনেক ধন্যবাদ @imran1986 ভাই, যাওয়ার আগে অবশ্যই যোগাযোগ করবো।

golapmohi
Level 9

You are welcome. @GolapM 

Level 8

Hey @imran1986  ! 

Very useful Post, I must say.

We're travelling to Phi-Phi this month and these tips are gonna be really handy !

Would you be able to share the Google details of that agency for local travel please ?

Level 9

Thanks @Nikzy. Thats great. You will love Phi Phi for everything its offer. Let me know from where you are travelling? Phuket or Krabi? 

Level 8

I will be travelling from Krabi to Phi-Phi and to Phuket from Phi-Phi. 

I have few questions if you can help :

1) what is the mode of local travelling within the main Phi-Phi island ?

2) How safe is it to wander around within the island ? ( Have been hearing not so happy stories off lately )