DanniS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: 5 things to do in Finland during Christmas

@DanniS, that's a usual misconception about Greece, I often get asked if I've ever seen snow.

Every year around Christmas we do get snow but it doesn't last that much. I'm surprised to hear that in Helsinki you don't have!

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dot.: 5 things to do in Finland during Christmas

Cześć @DanniS Boże Narodzenie to magiczny czas... Ludzie się jednoczą, ustają wojny i waśnie... Szkoda,że tylko na ten jeden dzień. Szkoda, że nie wszystkie dzieci dostaną prezenty...

Ale, wracając, w Polsce też zapalamy znicze na grobach bliskich w Wigilię. No i adwent, czyli czas przed Bożym Narodzeniem.Zaczyna się 1 grudnia, trwa do Wigili.W domach kładzie się stroik z 4 świecami, każdej niedzieli spala się jedną z nich.W dzieciństwie to było odliczanie! ? 

Chciałam pokazać mój stroik, ale ktoś

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dzięki @VasT. Cudowne miejsce! 

Google Moderator

Браво @Anonymous!

You have learned so many things about Bulgaria. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and don't worry, a lot of foreigners get confused with the way people nod their heads for 'yes' or 'no'. 

Have you tried banitsa (баница)? It is the most famous traditional Bulgarian dish and it is eaten during Christmas time, too. Some good wishes written on small pieces of paper are put in the New Year's Eve banitsa. This way people know their fortune for the upcoming year.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DanniS Tak, ale nie wolno zagotować wina, należy tylko mocno podgrzać.Ja znam dwa powody:

1.Z wina ulotni się alkohol

2. Przyprawy spowodują gorycz

Robię czasami takie wino, jest bardzo smaczne 😊

Oh that's such a cutie @Anonymous 🙂 I like these candle ornaments as well! Wow, that's very surprising about the graveyard candle lights, I didn't know other nations had similar traditions. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in your home 🙂  and I wish I could taste your wine! Yes, you're right, it's only to heat it up. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DanniS to zapraszam na grzane wino! 😊

Indeed it is @Anonymous. Next time you visit Greece you can pay a visit to Drama. You have a very cute dog!

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kalimera! Dziękuję @VasT w imieniu psa 😁 to jest Yoko, moja 8 letnia dziewczynka jamnik, zeżarła mój stroik!😁 

A' pros Bożego Narodzenia, kiedy jest obchodzone w Grecji?

Level 8

Your country is beautiful.

Thanks for share and congratulations.

ehsang