christophesubilia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

5 days in Madrid : Famous places, food / tapas, art museum, Flamenco bar and club !

I was in Madrid 5 days to enjoy this amazing city in Spain 🇪🇸

overview of my 5 days in Madrid (Spain)overview of my 5 days in Madrid (Spain)

📍Here is the fulllist with all places I am talking about in this post (and more)
https://goo.gl/maps/5eqLy2UPgC2ZqSmbA 

📸All my pictures was made with my Google Pixel 5.

Plaza Mayor :  a major public space in the heart of Madrid

Plaza Mayor, MadridPlaza Mayor, Madrid

It is one of the most famous squares in Madrid. It is entirely pedestrian and is accessible through nine entrances, several of which connect it to the Calle Mayor to the north. 

Palacio Real de Madrid

Royal Palace of MadridRoyal Palace of Madrid

Very impressive to see even from a distance, the building is very large. It is the largest royal palace in Western Europe and one of the largest in the world. It houses a precious historical and artistic heritage

Chocolatería San Ginés : A must for eating chocolate

Chocolatería San GinésChocolatería San Ginés

This chocolate factory which exists since 1894 is known for its famous melted chocolate with churros. When I saw that there were more than 38'000 reviews and 4.4/5.0 on Google Maps, I didn't hesitate a second to go there. It was really fantastic!

Mercado de San Miguel : The dream for food lovers

Mercado de San Miguel, picture from Christophe Subilia Local Guide level 9Mercado de San Miguel, picture from Christophe Subilia Local Guide level 9

With almost 90,000 reviews and 4.4 average, we went to the San Miguel Market and loved it. Sweet and savory tapas for about 4 euros per serving and also great wines by the glass!

Some tapas offered at the  Mercado de San MiguelSome tapas offered at the Mercado de San Miguel

Inclán Brutal Bar : Best cocktail/tapas bar in Madrid

Inclán Brutal Bar (cocktail & tapas)Inclán Brutal Bar (cocktail & tapas)

It is certainly one of my best experiences to drink a cocktail: excellent service, the decoration is very neat, the cocktails really very good with unusual glasses and very reasonable prices.

3 diffrent sort of cocktail in Inclan Brutal Bar3 diffrent sort of cocktail in Inclan Brutal Bar

Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía : Paintings by famous Spanish painters: Picasso, Miro, Dali

From left to right, paintings by : Picasso, Dali, MiroFrom left to right, paintings by : Picasso, Dali, Miro

It is difficult to come to Madrid and not visit an art museum! There are 3 big and important ones: Museo Nacional del Prado, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museo.

I finally chose the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía because it contains mostly famous Spanish art.

Tablao TORERO Essential Flamenco : An hour of local and incredible show
Flamenco live in MadridFlamenco live in Madrid

Madrid is one of the most famous cities to go see Flamenco 💃. We opted for a Tablao that only offers the show with a drink included. We found ourselves in a cellar with about 60 seats. It was a great experience to have a real proximity with the dancers and the music.

2 performers in full demonstration2 performers in full demonstration

Kapital: One of the biggest nightclubs in Madrid

Kapital a big nightclub in MadridKapital a big nightclub in Madrid

I like to party and Kapitol was definitely a good place for that. Madrid is a big city in Europe and it's often very expensive in these places. Here it cost me 22euros but I had 2 drinks included. 

During the evening, there were several shows and the music was really great!

I've talked about some my best memories but there are still some very cool places to discover in Madrid that I made :

Brunch
Tapas
Taberna La Fragua de Vulcano : https://goo.gl/maps/gpE1uwmSPjCVfmzU6
Shopping 

Check and follow me as Local Guide on Google Maps
I'm a Local Guide because I love #help #share #discover #travel

I'm from Lausanne, Switzerland and live in Vevey, Switzerland
Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Madrid, Espagne
8 comments
Level 9

Re: 5 days in Madrid : Famous places, food / tapas, art museum, Flamenco bar and club !

@christophesubilia Great you're back on track with traveling 😁 Madrid is also in my list places I haven't been yet. Maybe in the future I'll have this opportunity 🙂 Thanks for sharing ☺️

Level 9

Re: 5 days in Madrid : Famous places, food / tapas, art museum, Flamenco bar and club !

Thank youuuu @AniaKiser ! Yes I really recommand to discover Madrid if you have the opportunity to do it !

Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Google Moderator

Hi @christophesubilia,

Wow! Those photos are amazing and thank you for sharing your recommendation, I am sure it will be very useful for other Local Guides. I am looking forward to reading more of your travel stories!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Oh thank you @AngieYC !! 🌟

#frenchlocalguides
Level 3

marvelous pics!

thank you for sharing😄

Level 8

Rif.: 5 days in Madrid : Famous places, food / tapas, art museum, Flamenco bar and club !

@christophesubilia thank you for your precious post. I'll go in madrid for the first time in May, and i'll use your suggestion!

Level 9

Thank you @Mororo !

#frenchlocalguides
Level 9

Rif.: 5 days in Madrid : Famous places, food / tapas, art museum, Flamenco bar and club !

Amazing @AndrewMak ! Don't miss the full list there is another cool places to discover!

#frenchlocalguides