AmitabhDey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

360 Degree View of Kedarnath Temple & 16 Kilometres Long Trekking Route | Photo of Kedarnath Peak

Through this video I have tried to show the beauty of Kedarnath Trekking Route by 360 degree rotation of frame from starting point Gaurikund. I have tried to show you the 180 degree wide-angle surrounding view of full journey path as much as possible.
Trekking route is more than 16 Kilometre long. Almost 3,100 Meter climbing.

All over the road of Kedarnath trekking route, I have uploaded countless Street View pictures and videos to Google Map.

Early Morning View of Kedarnath Temple PinnacleEarly Morning View of Kedarnath Temple Pinnacle

View of Kedarnath Mountain from the courtyard of Kedarnath temple in the morning.View of Kedarnath Mountain from the courtyard of Kedarnath temple in the morning.

In June 2013, the Chorabari Glacier melted and flooded the Kedarnath Square. Massive flash flood hit the Kedarnath Temple area. The disaster took over 10,000 lives in which 4,021 are said to have gone missing. The Kedarnath flash flood known as 'Himalayan Tsunami' of 2013. 

Kedarnath temple located in the middle of Chorabari’s moraine loops was supposedly built by the Pandavas. Religious literature and archaeological studies suggest the minimum age of the temple is about 3,000 years.
Kedarnath temple has survived from flash flood and also survived after remain 400 years under snow. Somebody say it was built by Hindu seer Adi Shankaracharya in the 8th Century. Other claim it was built by Raja Bhoj of Malwa in 2nd Century. There is a conical rock structure inside the Kedarnath Temple that is worshipped as the Sadashiva form of Shiva.

View of Kedarnath Temple at the time of sunriseView of Kedarnath Temple at the time of sunrise

Kedarnath Temple is a favourite destination of adventure seekers, trekkers and people inclined towards spirituality. 

Sadhu of KedarnathSadhu of Kedarnath

Mountain behind Kedarnath TempleMountain behind Kedarnath Temple

There are plenty of roadside food stalls along the way of Kedarnath where passengers can take rest and having meal.
Helicopters come and go from Kedarnath temple to Guptkashi, Phata and Sersi in every 5 minutes with the pilgrims.

You can move to Kedarnath by Helicopter and return back by foot.
Round Trip Helicopter Journey Fare start from INR 4,700/- and end at INR 8,000/-.

Kedarnath, Uttarakhand, India
17 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 360 Degree View of Kedarnath Temple & 16 Kilometres Long Trekking Route | Photo of Kedarnath

The video and the photos are simply beyond words... Wow... Wow... and Wow..!

I especially admire that you took the efforts to shoot a video for a whole 30 minutes - simply superb 👍

Thank you for the details about the fares and other information @AmitabhDey

How much time would it take to cover the 18 km trek and reach the temple?

and which month did you visit here?

The sky is clouded during the journey but it is clear and blue at the temple.

Level 9

Re: 360 Degree View of Kedarnath Temple & 16 Kilometres Long Trekking Route | Photo of Kedarnath

Thanks a lot for your compliment Mr. @Tushar_Suradkar.

Total Raw Video footage of 360 Degree Camera are more than 2 hours long. For YouTube Production I have select only 31 minutes clip.

How long it takes to reach Kedarnath depends on a person's physical ability. I love mountain trekking. But I had taken more than 11 hours to complete the trek due to my DSLR Photography, 360 Degree Videography and gathering offline information for uploading and correcting Google Map Data.

In my next Connect Post I will upload few more Photographs with Route and Stay Information. Basically this is my 2nd post in Connect regarding Kedarnath.

I always take more time to trek because I write down all the trek information, mark the places, takes Street View Photograph and have to do everything without mobile network. And handling 3 different types of camera alone for Street View and YouTube with trekking Gear is bit difficult.

Kedarnath should not be reached on foot unless you are physically able to complete the long and steep journey. Anybody can hire horse by paying more than INR 3,000 for one way trip.

This was my 1st Post about Kedarnath Helicopter Booking.
I have visited this place before Corona Pandemic. I mean in October 2019.

Level 8

Hi @AmitabhDey what a beautiful post i really loved the video the way you explain in native language along adding English subtitles. 

The glacier of the morning is just breathtaking this is my wish to visit kedarnath temple soonest. 

I really enjoyed reading your post thanks for sharing with us 😊

Level 9

Thanks a lot Mr. @Pratik_89 for your compliments. I will be publishing more photos of Kedarnath Mountain soon and I will publish 360 degree rotating video of Gangotri National Park trek and Yamunotri trek through YouTube. You'll find all of these rotating videos on Google Maps also.

360 Degree Surrounding View of Vishnuprayag Sangam (Confluence of River Dhauliganga and Alaknanda).

Level 9

@AmitabhDey 

Wow, awesome post, marvelous photography thanks for sharing it, our country is rich and culture, heritage u just need to explore it. I saw u video beautiful it might be bit slippery also where waterfall is there. Wow u could climb my sister went by helicopter it's in my wish list to go by helicopter but with heavy weight feel some time will i be able to go ahead. They say climate is very cool. 

Do tag me. In your next post. 

@Erna_LaBeau 

@Ewaade_3A 

@AdamGT 

@Shrut19 

@TravellerG 

@Anil6969 

@Sagir 

@AnshukMitra 

@FalguniP 

Level 9

Wonderful Post simply mesmerising @AmitabhDey ,

We are fortunate to have Darshana because of you speechless , Your efforts are truly inspirational tis much I can say,

I am tagging to one of our Photo lover @TravellerG    Hope You will Like it,

Thanks for Tagging @RosyKohli really Video is amazing in 380 and Photo gives Purity View.

Keep sharing such Good Post.

Regards

Anil 

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Connect Moderator

An excellent post and great content including the photographs and video @AmitabhDey.  You here provide a great example to fellow Local Guides on how to create quality and interesting posts. You not only add a photo, you tell a story and you obviously take your time and provide fine detail.  Thank you for all this.

Kedarnath very much sounds like a place I'd love to hike to.  I had heard about the tragic 'Himalayan Tsunami' of 2013.  Unfortunately, severe climatic conditions are always a risk at such places.  As @RosyKohli has mentioned, your country is rich in culture, heritage, and I would add fascinating geography...waiting to be explored. 

ps: I love the scene at around 17;00 of your video
Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

Just amazing post my friend @AmitabhDey !! The video and photos are absolutely beautiful and narration is very appropriate and detailed. 

Thanks a lot sharing with us.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 9

@RosyKohli 

Thanks a lot for your compliment.

Helicopter is perfect for heavy weight people. Just paying INR 300 extra for per KG weight above 85 Kgs. Heavy weight people should avoid trying to move on horse. It could be dangerous in slippery steep road.

Always avoid rainy season for Kedarnath journey. Anytime another flash flood may come from Chorabari Glacier due to Global Warming. Global warming and melting glaciers is a burning problem in Uttarakhand now.

I will tag you in my upcoming post on Uttarakhand and Darjeeling.

Very soon I am coming with 360 degree over capture video of Gangotri National Park trek and Yamunotri trek.