AliBijani's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: how does google ratings work ?

Hi @DaveP,

What if Google can detect which score is likely from spamming accounts?  Do you think omit them from the final Average Score is good or bad?

Level 9
Level 9

@YK1001 wrote:

What if Google can detect which score is likely from spamming accounts?  Do you think omit them from the final Average Score is good or bad?

That's an interesting point, but if Google can detect that a review (and/or score) is from a spamming account then those reviews (and/or scores) shouldn't even appear, so wouldn't affect the average. However as we know the detection and removal of spamming accounts/reviews is very poor - even when the spamming is totally obvious and other LGs report them, the fakes stay live

Level 8

Hi @Pea,

First of all, Rating and Review are two different feedbacks we provide to Google Maps.

We must give a Rating before we can write a Review.  But it is perfectly OK to just give Rating without wrtting a Review.

Further more, I don't know if Google will only use those Rating that have a Review or not.

There is a expert write up about Ratings at Connect at the early dates.  I will try to locate it.

Update:  Link found

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/5-Stars-rating-and-natural-custo...

Level 8

On the basis of current rating:

In the top graph Reviews basis:

Five '1 star' reviews (5 x 1 = 5 stars)

Three '4 star' reviews (4 x 9 =36 stars)

Three '5 star' reviews (1 x 5 = 5 stars)

That's a total of 15 reviews and 46 stars

Now 46/15 = 3.06 but it Showing 3.6

I am sure something went wrong or may be 

we are not considering the hidden parameter that considered by google.  

Mak