Phani's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

What is the role of moderator?

Hi all,

I wanna know that what is the role of moderator and benefits of it. I am new to this community. So, please help me.

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: What is the role of moderator?

Hi @Phani. There are a few types of moderators.

• Google Moderators: There are folks like me who are Google employees and Local Guides community team members.
  • Connect Moderators: These are Level 5 Local Guides who go above and beyond here on Connect keeping it a safe, welcoming and helpful place. You can read more in this post.
  • Supported Community Moderators: These are Level 3+ Local Guides who own and moderate their own Local Guides communities. You can read more in this post which was also previously shared.

Thanks for sharing information, @ShafiulB!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@Phani HI ..

Supported community moderators receive:

• Inclusion on our My Map, featured on our website and social media
  • Access to a private board in Connect for supported community moderators
  • A special badge in Connect
  • Invitations to monthly Hangouts with the Local Guides team
  • Access to design assets and templates including a profile photo template to show your Local Guides status across your social media channels

Read this topic .. for full information 

Community Moderator Support By @TraciC

Googler
Solution

Hi @Phani. There are a few types of moderators.

• Google Moderators: There are folks like me who are Google employees and Local Guides community team members.
  • Connect Moderators: These are Level 5 Local Guides who go above and beyond here on Connect keeping it a safe, welcoming and helpful place. You can read more in this post.
  • Supported Community Moderators: These are Level 3+ Local Guides who own and moderate their own Local Guides communities. You can read more in this post which was also previously shared.

Thanks for sharing information, @ShafiulB!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Level 7

As an aside is there a goto place that lists current Google and Connect moderators?

If not perhaps it would be useful to have one (I recently took part in a thread in which somebody wanted to contact a moderator, my response would have been more helpful if I had been able to give him a steer as to who the moderators are).

Googler

Hi @PeterGO. The post I shared earlier lists the current Connect moderators and the team is sharing a Google moderator post this week. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shanmukha,

My name is T.M.Goud, I am an IT Professional and run my own IT support company. I do IT Support service for Home Businesses in Hyderabad. I love being a Local Guide, enjoy reviewing small businesses in the local area by sharing my personal experiences with other locals and help them find the up-to-date information. My Passion is about maps, reviews and helping people that travel. I would like you to join Hyderabad Local Guides https://goo.gl/h74icF and Introduce yourself, Share your meet-ups and connect with other members.