KellH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The Questions Feature

I am not seeing the poetry with the Questions Feature of Maps. 80% of the questions originate because the querent thinks they're contacting the business--ie, a Local Guide doesn't have the information they're seeking. It's the most annoying aspect of the Maps app and Local Guide role. 

I have given app feedback on multiple occasions that the Questions feature needs to be tied into the ownership of business pages rather than the Local Guide feature, because most of the questions are out of our purview. They need a way to funnel questions to the business, itself, rather than to us, while more open-ended questions can be answered by Guides. 

I also get a substantial number of reviews submitted through the Questions feature, which I report.

What am I missing in this feature that redeems it? How can Google set this feature up better, so that people understand they're NOT contacting the business? My phone lights up all day with Questions that are usually not even ontopic to the Map location. I'd love to see this feature just go away, though I'm open to hearing how other Guides find it useful.

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: The Questions Feature

Hi @KellH thank you so much for your feedback! I can imagine how frustrating it can be to receive questions you are unable to assist with answering. I have given your feedback to our team, thanks again!

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @KellH thank you so much for your feedback! I can imagine how frustrating it can be to receive questions you are unable to assist with answering. I have given your feedback to our team, thanks again!

Level 8

Thank you!!

You're welcome @KellH!