ManolisV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Seeing a huge loss of Local Guides points

All of the sudden I see a huge amount of my pics, lost from my Local Guides point table, even though the reviews they came with, staying there as expected.

Searched a bit in the forum here and found some topics about a few local guides point loss, but they eventually return.

Any ideas what's happening?

6 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Seeing a huge loss of Local Guides points

This does happen periodically and there have been a few reports lately, so it could be another instance. It usually fixes itself in a few days.

Are the photos themselves still visible in your contributions tab, do they say Unknown place?

Level 9
Level 9

@ManolisV wrote:

Any ideas what's happening?

Is it possible many of your photos don't meet Google's image acceptance requirements regarding discrete attribution placement?

Level 9

Esos puntos regresan pero quien sabe en que momento puesto que no les dan a uno un aviso previo por ello, uno nunca se entera.

Resultado de imagen de PUNTOS DE GOOGLE LOCAL GUIDES

Julio Vargas Sequeira
Level 7

Lost and Re-gained

Is it guaranteed that the points will return? I mean, this hasn't happened to me, but it seems sad to lose all that work.. I supppose if theres's a guarantee that they will return, then it's almost as if you didn't really lose them, mor like, they were hidden for a while 😉

Level 9
Level 9

Re: Lost and Re-gained

@MillyS wrote:

Is it guaranteed that the points will return?

No, especially if some photos/reviews submitted by the Local Guide don't meet Google's content guidelines

Level 9

Re: Lost and Re-gained

Aw dear, all of the sudden, all points just returned... so, I guess, I'm happier today 🙂