EliF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Request for top contributors

I think it would be awesome for top Contributors to be given a Google pixel. This reward would not only have people trying to contribute more but also the pictures would be great because of the quality of the camera on the pixel. 

Flowood, MS, United States
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Request for top contributors

Thanks for your feedback @EliF.

Our Street View colleagues have a loan program if you want to apply and try a 360 camera, but we don't have anything similar and we are not planning on giving away Google Pixel phones.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Level 9

@EliF wrote:

This reward would not only have people trying to contribute more but also the pictures would be great because of the quality of the camera on the pixel. 

There seems to be a logical fallacy here. Or perhaps just greediness? If the Local Guide is submitting lots of photos in order to win a Pixel, and the pictures they submit are high quality because they are taken with a Pixel, why do they need to win another Pixel.

Bad idea (even without the logic failure)

Level 4

Let me break it down in simple terms.

1) contributors would be taking more pictures, posting more, (contributing more in general) to work towards having an awesome reward... 

2) Listed the Pixel as an example, because some contributors (me included) don't have one.  So our pictures would look better for the community if we did.

Let's be honest, we are making Google maps and reviews better which does provide Google with money.  So how is being rewarded in some way greedy?

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Thanks for your feedback @EliF.

Our Street View colleagues have a loan program if you want to apply and try a 360 camera, but we don't have anything similar and we are not planning on giving away Google Pixel phones.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.