AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Reason for NOT APPLIED

Hi @AdamGT - The posts you shared still reflect the same reasons why a post may not be applied but we did have an issue with our system last year in which nearly everybody was getting their edits denied. 

As I am beginning to notice many "Not Applied" comments from you and others in the community, I will revisit the feature to make sure there is not any new breakdowns in the functionality.  

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

Thanks for taking this onboard @BruceDM because it really frustrates my enthusiasm when I have stood in the very business at issue, spoken to the business owner, taken notes and quality photographs, written a great review which will be a first for this business on Google Maps, have tried to add this missing place to Google Maps, entered the right business name, address and website, and then tried 2 or 3 possible categories with the only result or feedback given being NOT APPLIED.

This wouldn't bother me at all if I was just willy nilly going around adding POIs and if one is NOT APPLIED just move on to the next and so on but I'm adding POIs with "quality reviews" and I feel that as I'm freely investing my time and effort to improve the quality of maps I deserve much better than just a NOT APPLIED response. Some feedback or reason would help alleviate this frustration. Even some generic or canned responses would be better than nothing and that's the whole point of the suggestion in my initial post in this thread. 

Looking forward to your feedback.

Level 10

Within the last week I've started venturing back into journeying around Sydney and making numerous amounts of edits as I walk. I've generally had a pretty clear record and the majority of my edits, whether creating places or just making basic edits have been pretty solid so far. I've had about two place creations fail during the last adventure (which were a mediation service provided by the local council, and a variety store which has five other existing variety stores around it with similar names), but they had their reasons so I'm fine with those sliding by.

Should I notice any trends in an imbalance of approvals or getting 'not applied' edits, I'll shall report them @BruceDM.

Level 3

Local guide alloes hear for help you

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Briggs - we haven't chatted much since the editing malaise that occurred last year.  I hope all is well and thanks for your help. As I mentioned in another post today, things should be working as intended.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

@BruceDM wrote:

As I mentioned in another post today, things should be working as intended.

I'm not sure what other post you mentioned this in @BruceDM but I Just tried adding a POI that I know well exists (been there, spoke to the business owner, have taken photos) only to get an almost immediate NOT APPLIED 😞