KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: What's the best thing about being a Local Guide?

@Justine2807, your global Local Guides community Livestream Q&A Hangout on Hangouts idea sounds wonderful,  You definitely should add this on Connect's Feedback and Featured Requests board.

Let me help you move your post so that the Local Guides Team can see it - check out Justine's red highlighted paragraph below.  

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Karen

@Justine2807 wrote:

Hi @KarenVChin

What a lovely post, interesting and inspirational. There are so many benefits to being a Google Maps Local Guide Connect member that just happen as part of the program.

Being a Google Maps Local Guide Connect member is a fun, innovative, motivational volunteer project that you can do that will connect you with absolutely amazing people from all around the world. Being part of this excellent program as you say in this post gives you opportunity to connect with many wonderful people, especially but not only other Local Guides, also other local people from around your community. Your Local Suburb, town, city and country too as well as meeting others and learning from other countries and cultures like you from the U.S.A and Farid and Argentina.  

Meeting other Local Guides is an extraordinary pleasure, creating great close relationships and strong friendships with many people, locally and internationally is a super bonus of many the fabulous beneficial features of contributing and being part of Google Maps Local Guides Connect

When writing reviews on Google Maps and taking pictures I make sure to approach the business manager or owner to let them know what I am doing as many Google Maps Local Guides do. It is purely polite and a great way to meet new people at the same time as in what we are doing is helping Local Businesses too . Finding out about the business and writing a great review finding all the best features about the business that make it unique and highlight its best options available for local shoppers and people who travel in the area. So by helping Local Businesses we are in a way helping to increases business for them, increasing traffic to their shop. Lots of great reviews can do that!.So in helping Local Businesses you are helping yourself and your local community at the same time. If the businesses are getting all the best options to increase business, the economy improves and this benefits everyone! 

Doing reviews and writing then sharing posts to wonderful places like Local Guides Connect then from there sharing to Google+ , Blogger and more increases peoples awareness of the businesses in all Local Areas for whether they live there or are travelling to there, so it all benefits everyone. So that is how by volunteering to be part of this excellent program you help your local community, yourself as such, your town, city and country.  Benefits for everyone

All the extra friendships in your local area, then friendships online as well. Friends from every area all around the world. Reading about, appreciating cultures and communities, then connecting with the Google Maps Local Guides member that wrote the post. Sharing their post to your communities in Google+ as well. You bond and form friendships there too.

It is such a great feeling to Connect with others in all walks of life, in big businesses as well as small Local Businesses. Google Maps Local guides Connect has so many ways we are all so lucky to recieve enjoyment from, simply by being part of the program. As how you, Karen and @FaridTDF became friends, then over time bonded and even with the language difference, with the help of Google Translate soon got to know a lot more of each other and your different Local Areas.

I, as most all Google Maps Local Guides Connect members have so many fantastic new friendships built by being part of this extraordinary program. From my own country, as expansive the distance from one side to the other, even though we have not met live I now have made friendships in many places from here in Sydney with @Briggs Level 10 who hasTop Google Maps contributions and Connect posts and is a total awesome friend at all levels! Then while we are talking about a whole lot of kindness and awesomeness another Level 10 from Western Australia so helpful as Hangouts and Connect friend  @Osaka78forTRUMP Then also from Melbourne with all his great posts is our super Australian Google Maps Local Guides Connect Moderator Paul Pavlinovich .

Friendships far and wide I am proud to be friends with all and every Google Maps Local Guide member that I meet including great innovotors and friends to all in @HelloSamsonR plus @OSAMA , other friends here who are always ready to Connect and support all posts. Plus chatting regularly on Hangouts and fabulous support too in @AlejandraMaria and @SarahKa and @SovitaD With other wonderful friends in a great live Google Hangouts team called:

The Worldwide Google Maps Volunteer Hangouts including everyone mentioned above plus:

Budiono, Bishowvijaya, T.manoj, Sagir, Charles, Salmaan , Sagir, Noah, Oleg, Muhannad, Fazeel, Pushpendra, Amit, Naresh, Laxmi,  Niraj, Andrew, T.manoj plus Ermes as well and so many more. 

We, (a lot mentioned here and many more) have regular Friday Hangouts on Google Hangouts (as you mentioned Karen as part of this post here as a fantastic way to Connect live, and many different Local Guides Connect teams use as well ) where all these gorgeous Google Maps Local Guides Connect members and Moderators meet and chat about Google Maps plus Local Guides Connect meetups.

It is a fun friendly casual event that we try to make at a time that suits a world wide connection every week. It is going really well and we are going to approach the Google Maps Local Guides Connect team about connecting it with LGConnect. It is really casual and fun event, so it is fun just like Local Guides Connect is and we are hoping after putting in a proposal to and talking with the Local Guides Googlers team, so we can see what they think about making an official meetup with different Hosts and Guests and a regular Q&A for Local Guides at all levels to be part of a Live Hangouts streamimg through YouTube Every week, with a feature event once a month. Then we can share it on Connect as well as Google+, Blogger, YouTube and more. 

So I hope you will see more about this soon. Please connect with me anytime to find out more. We want it to end up being available for everyone everywhere.  Great friends and Ideas all shared via Local Guides Connect.

Thanks for this terrific post and all you do on Local Guides Connect plus for being my friend too! 

Love and friendship always 

Best wishes

Cheers!

@Justine2807

@KarenVChin wrote:

@OSAMA @Kamalhasnainee @MahabubMunna @Justine2807 @U-royFelixA @SanyaOdare, if you did not know where Espanol Local Guide Connect Moderator @FaridTDF lives at in Argentina, you will be - at the mostsouthern tip, very close to Antarctica.

Cheers,

Karen 

2 comments
Level 10

Re: What's the best thing about being a Local Guide?

Thank you again @KarenVChin You really are a super do-per Rock star extraordinaire!

Living legend lady!! You are so kind. This is exactly what is needed! Let's hope the Googlers see it and like it and we can all be involved.  

Thank you so much for adding it to the Connect's Feedback and Featured Requests board.

Hopefully we can and will have a permanent area created by the Google developers to Connect a place for the regular Livestream Hangouts to be posted and seen here in Connect. Then we can view it here and  in Google Maps when people feature Local areas. Shared on LGConnect from Hangouts livestreamed via YouTube then onto Google+ , Blogger and more! The sky is the limit! 

We can get a program running with set topics based around meetups. With regular weekly and monthly Google Maps Local Guides Connects events with different hosts and invited guests. Plus the Q&A area for thousands of viewers as the over 400,000 Google Maps Local Guides can all see and participate. 

We can have uniques country contributions and see the livestream events as they happen. Including live recaps featured presentations of photowalks, food crawls and so much more! 

You all are the best! Let's do this! 

Big group hugs! 

Best wishes

Cheers

@Justine2807

@KarenVChin wrote:

@Justine2807, your global Local Guides community Livestream Q&A Hangout on Hangouts idea sounds wonderful,  You definitely should add this on Connect's Feedback and Featured Requests board.

Let me help you move your post so that the Local Guides Team can see it - check out Justine's red highlighted paragraph below.  

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Karen

@Justine2807 wrote:

Hi @KarenVChin

What a lovely post, interesting and inspirational. There are so many benefits to being a Google Maps Local Guide Connect member that just happen as part of the program.

Being a Google Maps Local Guide Connect member is a fun, innovative, motivational volunteer project that you can do that will connect you with absolutely amazing people from all around the world. Being part of this excellent program as you say in this post gives you opportunity to connect with many wonderful people, especially but not only other Local Guides, also other local people from around your community. Your Local Suburb, town, city and country too as well as meeting others and learning from other countries and cultures like you from the U.S.A and Farid and Argentina.  

Meeting other Local Guides is an extraordinary pleasure, creating great close relationships and strong friendships with many people, locally and internationally is a super bonus of many the fabulous beneficial features of contributing and being part of Google Maps Local Guides Connect

When writing reviews on Google Maps and taking pictures I make sure to approach the business manager or owner to let them know what I am doing as many Google Maps Local Guides do. It is purely polite and a great way to meet new people at the same time as in what we are doing is helping Local Businesses too . Finding out about the business and writing a great review finding all the best features about the business that make it unique and highlight its best options available for local shoppers and people who travel in the area. So by helping Local Businesses we are in a way helping to increases business for them, increasing traffic to their shop. Lots of great reviews can do that!.So in helping Local Businesses you are helping yourself and your local community at the same time. If the businesses are getting all the best options to increase business, the economy improves and this benefits everyone! 

Doing reviews and writing then sharing posts to wonderful places like Local Guides Connect then from there sharing to Google+ , Blogger and more increases peoples awareness of the businesses in all Local Areas for whether they live there or are travelling to there, so it all benefits everyone. So that is how by volunteering to be part of this excellent program you help your local community, yourself as such, your town, city and country.  Benefits for everyone

All the extra friendships in your local area, then friendships online as well. Friends from every area all around the world. Reading about, appreciating cultures and communities, then connecting with the Google Maps Local Guides member that wrote the post. Sharing their post to your communities in Google+ as well. You bond and form friendships there too.

It is such a great feeling to Connect with others in all walks of life, in big businesses as well as small Local Businesses. Google Maps Local guides Connect has so many ways we are all so lucky to recieve enjoyment from, simply by being part of the program. As how you, Karen and @FaridTDF became friends, then over time bonded and even with the language difference, with the help of Google Translate soon got to know a lot more of each other and your different Local Areas.

I, as most all Google Maps Local Guides Connect members have so many fantastic new friendships built by being part of this extraordinary program. From my own country, as expansive the distance from one side to the other, even though we have not met live I now have made friendships in many places from here in Sydney with @Briggs Level 10 who hasTop Google Maps contributions and Connect posts and is a total awesome friend at all levels! Then while we are talking about a whole lot of kindness and awesomeness another Level 10 from Western Australia so helpful as Hangouts and Connect friend  @Osaka78forTRUMP Then also from Melbourne with all his great posts is our super Australian Google Maps Local Guides Connect Moderator Paul Pavlinovich .

Friendships far and wide I am proud to be friends with all and every Google Maps Local Guide member that I meet including great innovotors and friends to all in @HelloSamsonR plus @OSAMA , other friends here who are always ready to Connect and support all posts. Plus chatting regularly on Hangouts and fabulous support too in @AlejandraMaria and @SarahKa and @SovitaD With other wonderful friends in a great live Google Hangouts team called:

The Worldwide Google Maps Volunteer Hangouts including everyone mentioned above plus:

Budiono, Bishowvijaya, T.manoj, Sagir, Charles, Salmaan , Sagir, Noah, Oleg, Muhannad, Fazeel, Pushpendra, Amit, Naresh, Laxmi,  Niraj, Andrew, T.manoj plus Ermes as well and so many more. 

We, (a lot mentioned here and many more) have regular Friday Hangouts on Google Hangouts (as you mentioned Karen as part of this post here as a fantastic way to Connect live, and many different Local Guides Connect teams use as well ) where all these gorgeous Google Maps Local Guides Connect members and Moderators meet and chat about Google Maps plus Local Guides Connect meetups.

It is a fun friendly casual event that we try to make at a time that suits a world wide connection every week. It is going really well and we are going to approach the Google Maps Local Guides Connect team about connecting it with LGConnect. It is really casual and fun event, so it is fun just like Local Guides Connect is and we are hoping after putting in a proposal to and talking with the Local Guides Googlers team, so we can see what they think about making an official meetup with different Hosts and Guests and a regular Q&A for Local Guides at all levels to be part of a Live Hangouts streamimg through YouTube Every week, with a feature event once a month. Then we can share it on Connect as well as Google+, Blogger, YouTube and more. 

So I hope you will see more about this soon. Please connect with me anytime to find out more. We want it to end up being available for everyone everywhere.  Great friends and Ideas all shared via Local Guides Connect.

Thanks for this terrific post and all you do on Local Guides Connect plus for being my friend too! 

Love and friendship always 

Best wishes

Cheers!

@Justine2807

@KarenVChin wrote:

@OSAMA @Kamalhasnainee @MahabubMunna @Justine2807 @U-royFelixA @SanyaOdare, if you did not know where Espanol Local Guide Connect Moderator @FaridTDF lives at in Argentina, you will be - at the mostsouthern tip, very close to Antarctica.

Cheers,

Karen 

Level 10

Feedback for Local Guides Connect YouTube Live Streaming via Hangouts Feature for Connect and GM

Feedback for Local Guides Connect YouTube Live Streaming via Hangouts Feature for Connect and GM: Google Maps Local Guides Connect YouTube Live Streaming via Hangouts Feature for Connect ... to share and share again and Connect to More Local Guides For YT Live Chat as well. Examples: From WW Cafe walk between Sydney, Japan and Nigeria.Google Maps Local Guides Connect WW Cafe walk Sydney Japan.
Also YouTube Live streaming via Hangouts on Worldwide Cafe Walk- Nigeria & AustraliaWorldwide Cafe Walk- Nigeria & Australia
Live Streaming on YoutUbe via Hangouts recorded for: Google Maps Local Guides Connect
 Cafe Walk Heilbronn, Germany with Malaysia, Nigeria, Sydney and Nepal. Worldwide Cafe Walk Heilbronn, Germany
************************************************************************************

This Idea for Feedback and Features Requests is a suggestion for an area on GM LG Connect for YouTube LiveStreaming on Google Hangouts of Local Guides Connect Meetups videos. A place to see and share videos of meetups plus to have synchronized videos between countries via YouTube LiveStreaming on Google Hangouts that have already been recorded high lighted too.

This Post "What is the best thing about being a Local Guide" That was moved by Karen and I am very thankful because it has a suggestion in it about The LiveStreaming via YT on Hangouts in it that she highted in RED
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Re-What-s-the-best-thing-about-b...

Here is an example of Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe Walk Recap with Videos of YT Live Streaming on Google Hangouts already done:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/RECAP-World-Wide-Cafe-Walk-Sydney-Australia/td-p...

Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe Walk YouTube On Hangouts Live streaming between Justine OBrien, Briggs Soria and Thomas Ellias in Sydney, Christine Takisawa in Japan and Sagir Adamu in Nigeria:
https://youtu.be/4ij7AU-2Z7Y

Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe Walk YouTube On Hangouts Live streaming between Samson Rohan, Martins, Magbagbeola, Adebambo and Dickson from Nigeria. Also with Briggs and Justine from Sydney, Thomas E from Umina and Christine Takisawa from Japan. 
https://youtu.be/F5hz6_yjLGQ

Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe Walk YouTube On Hangouts Live streaming with hosts Carlos and Guests: Tor, Mike and Mayia, in Heilbronn in Germany, Then Hiroyuki Takisawa the WW Cafe walk event organiser and Christine Yamashta, Tatsunori (Tatsun), Peggy, Petakor and Kusami in Japan, Syed in Malaysia, Sagir in Lagos, Nigeria, Justine and Briggs from Sydney Australia, Bishowvijaya and Rupendra from Nepal, 
https://youtu.be/2tsa6jHUW_U 

Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe Walk YouTube On Hangouts Live streaming between other countries were all at various times that did not get to LiveStream for recordings on YT. This next meetup The WW Map Edit Walk we talked about at the Hangouts I invited you to. 

As a group of motivated Local Guides Connect members we have discussed
doing the YT LiveStreaming as well. It is all on again!
We are getting better with practice and all should run well this time. 
We decided to not only do the interactive communication between countries on the World wide Map Edit walk at the same time, but also to make sure to get the timing synchronized so that we can make sure to have visitors at all meetups. (As we did for Germany last time.) 
So We will have all the Meetups on the WW Local Guides Connect Hangouts coordinated for the YT LiveStreaming via Hangouts Recordings for Sharing on GMLG Connect, G+, Blogger, YouTube and then from there on to show as well. Please join in and have a Google Maps Local Guides Connect WW Maps Edit Walk in your area as well, so we can do the YT Live Streaming with your Meetup too. 

I am hopeful that when we show the Googlers and the Connect Moderators will like this idea and a place can be created on Connect for us to share from. 
Then also everyone  can see what times all Meetups coordinate with others and can join on GM LG Connect for YouTube LiveStreams via Hangouts that are to be recorded for future reference as well. ...

Another idea is to have a function on Google Maps for YouTube Live Streaming on Hangouts recordings videos, for meetups and also for interviews with business owners about their businesses. Plus other Locals and tourists about Local area tourist landmarks. A YouTube Feature area on Google Maps to Chat with Locals and Local Guides. 

This all ties in with the suggestion to create a place to exhibit the videos on Connect, Plus it is very important to note that it will make it easy to invite others to Join the GM LG Connect YT LiveStreaming Via Hangouts that are being recorded. And Notifications can be made for more Local Guides to join us. As there is also the YouTube Live Chat area that others can join us all to comment as well. 

I also wanted to offer all Local Guides Connect members and all the Googlers, plus Connect Moderators an opportunity to join us in the Meetups YT Livestreaming via Hangouts. Plus also we can invite others from Google+. Blogger and YouTube plus more to extend our reach on Social media and get more interest in our Meetups to get more Local Guides Interested in Connect as well. I hope you all like the idea. 

Ii will be great if you can join us. I hope you will want to start soon so we can all share the Recorded Google Maps Local Guides Connect YouTube LiveStreaming on Hangouts of Meetups with everyone! The more the merrier! 

The Local Guides Connect WW Maps Edit Walk by @HelloSamsonR is to uncover missing information and update photos on Google Maps. Then to post Recaps in Local Guides Connect, with Updated reviews too, it is going to be another great meetup Maps Edit V2 event. Thank you all I hope all can see here for showing the other Connect Moderators. 

I will also know that @PaulPavlinovich and @KarenVChin will like to see what they think also about this, I hope that you all discuss it and will participate in the Recorded Google Maps Local Guides Connect YouTube LiveStreaming on Hangouts of Meetups with everyone!.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration with this matter. Check it out please: @IlankovanT , @GeorgesHR , @BruceDM , @NunungAfuah , @ShirleyY , @YK1001

With kind regards