Julientheriault's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Photo with confidential information

Hi, I've accidentally uploaded 2 photos, one of which is a problem : there is confidential information on a piece of paper shown on it.  I looked too quickly at Local Guide's suggestion to upload photos and did upload them.  I couldn't see the process anywhere on how to stop photos from being uploaded.  All the photos I could see were the ones I had uploaded from days ago, the ones I had just sent were not shown anywhere.

I hope Google will filter this as confidential information or irrelevant to the location and not publish them...?  What do you think?

I've kept looking back at my Contributions in Google Maps, but haven't seen anything so far, I'm scared just even 1 person might look at it, it's sensitive information.

Entrepôt Auto Durocher, Boulevard Dagenais Ouest, Laval, QC, Canada
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Photo with confidential information

Hey @Julientheriault,

Thanks for reaching out.

Even if you uploaded a wrong photo, you can still delete it from Google Maps. To learn how to do that, please visit this article - Add, remove, or share photos and videos.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hey @Julientheriault,

Thanks for reaching out.

Even if you uploaded a wrong photo, you can still delete it from Google Maps. To learn how to do that, please visit this article - Add, remove, or share photos and videos.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Hi @Julientheriault

Follow these steps in case.

Delete a photo from Google Maps

Photos you delete on Google Maps are also removed from:

Photos you delete from Maps aren’t automatically removed from:

• Your phone or tablet’s gallery
  • Google Drive, if you have sync turned on
  • Google+
  1.  On your computer, open Google Maps.
  2. In the top left, click Menu Menu.
  3. Click Your contributions.
  4. Choose Photos.
  5. Find the photo you’d like to delete.
  6. In the top right corner of the photo, click More More and then Delete this photo.

More details. Add, remove or share photos and videos

Cheers

Level 5

Good evening everyone,

Thank you all for your quick responses (and sorry about my late answer).  I'm afraid it wasn't understood what my situation is.

When the situation happenned, I had, by accident, submitted some pictures with confidential information on them to Google Maps/Local Guides.

Right after being submitted, the pictures go into some "transition zone" where I beleive Google is probably processing them to make sure nothing innapropriate is on them.  The problem is, for the person who has submitted these pictures (in my case, by mistake), there is no way to go see the pictures that are "in the process" of being uploaded. I beleive this might be a design flaw from Google Maps/Local guides.

In this case, I had submitted the pictures around 3-4 PM and before going to bed, around 9-10 PM, they were still not shown in my profile.  When waking up the following morning, around 8-9 AM, the pictures had been published, including the one with confidential information.

3-4 people had seen it before I had the chance to remove them.  So far, nothing happened and I hope nothing will! 🙂

Again, thanks a lot for confirming this information to me so quickly.