Bewinxed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Past Mapmaker Edits For Prominent Mapmakers Should Count Towards The Localguides Program

Hello, And thanks for the new program 😃

I've been doing edits in Jordan (when mapmaker was available) and i've done thousands of edits there, I have done some edits in other countries too.

I feel that my (and others) history of quality edits should show up & count on the local guides program as now it feels like the new program doesn't care what you did in the past, while in reality it should as the edits i did in jordan were massive.

What do you think?

11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Past Mapmaker Edits For Prominent Mapmakers Should Count Towards The Localguides Program

Hi @Bewinxed, welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum 🙂 

Your Map Maker edits to places on the Map do count for Local Guides points - including your past edits, even if Map Maker is no longer open in your country. We do not currently give points for road edits. If you add a place (POI) to the Map or edit its attributes, you earn points - whether or not you used Google Maps or Map Maker. 

View solution in original post

Level 10

Re: Past Mapmaker Edits For Prominent Mapmakers Should Count Towards The Localguides Program

When the program was launched they told that the mapmaker edits should be counted retroactively, and i think this worked for most.

If this is not your case ask the LG team to have your edits in your count 😉

Level 5

Do they count even if the region that the edits were made in was completely disabled (as in it's not visible in the mapmaker anymore)?

Also how do i contact them to fix that?

Level 10

Solution

Hi @Bewinxed, welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum 🙂 

Your Map Maker edits to places on the Map do count for Local Guides points - including your past edits, even if Map Maker is no longer open in your country. We do not currently give points for road edits. If you add a place (POI) to the Map or edit its attributes, you earn points - whether or not you used Google Maps or Map Maker. 

Level 5

Hey there, thanks for your reply.

Apparently my edits are not counting, it only shows me as only adding 6 points, that can't be right.

To clarify, the country i was editing was Jordan, If you look at the mapmaker map of it, the whole thing was deleted as in you can't edit it or view it, So there must be some kind of error 😞

Check here : https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker?gw=66&uid=218153435752191685126 even the counter here keeps changing from time to time, they were +3000 edits last year, our region is so bugged.

This is the link to our area: https://goo.gl/sHo1iG

Level 7

Hello,

I am relatively new to the Local Guides, but have been one of the first in my regions editing google maps via the mapmaker. I have 1400+ edits (see screenshot below), that I would love to see counted in the Local Guides if that's possible. I am currently missing my points from google map maker and don't have a clue how and where to start asking about this. Could you, @Corrie, @TraciC help in some way, please?

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 00.02.23.png

@gio_ge Hello. Only edits to places done in Map Maker count towards Local Guides points. 

Level 7

@Corrie thank you for your prompt reply. That's too bad that road edits don't count and our efforts for improving region data and time wasted is really wasted :).. But anyways, I had around 117 Points of Interests edited and 28 - Business Listings out of total edits so that would also be helpful. None of those count?

I am chasing those points in order to be upgraded to the level so that I am able to edit roads again via Local Guides in the Google maps. Because there are quite a lot of misleading routes, connections and etc. that is more vital to my region than any other edits at this time.

Level 7

I hope they review this decision. Road edits should have the same weight as places IMO. It would also encourage a lot of people to return to the program.