HannaLouLou's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

One star pet peeve

So here is another "pet peeve" I go to review a place that I have been, and look at the other reviews. Most are good. They give valued information, either good or bad. But then there are the "1 star" reviews. That only state "poor service".

What the heck is that! And what do you mean? I think if you are going to give 1 star give it a better review. Add more information.

I think that there should be a minimum word limit on poor reviews, this way you get honest answers.

Hannaloulou
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: One star pet peeve

This is an often made comment @HannaLouLou I tend to agree that when you make a review at either end of the extreme of the scale that you owe the other Local Guides enough information as to why its really good or bad. One thing I've learned in IT is that if you make a field mandatory people who don't want to put data in it will put in "X" or ".". If you make a minimum length they'll put in "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". 

Regards Paul

Level 7

Re: One star pet peeve

Yes but I am sure Google has algorithms to block those out. Something has to be done better.

I have seen a person just walk down the street, and google maps states he as at a place, he gives it 3 stars and moves to the next business without stepping inside...

Hannaloulou