RonneBD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Offline contribution app required

Hi, is it possible to update my contribution at offline when and where no internet available ??? In all the third world countries where internet is not always available if we can intall the my contribution offline and can update information in our mobile offline apps and later on when internet became available mobile apps will update offline data to server. I think that will be a great option for every local guide when they explore in a offline area like deep sea or hill tracking or explore in a big jungle or a sandy desert.

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Offline contribution app required

Hi @RonneBD. It is not currently possible to make offline contributions or save contributions as drafts. I've moved your post to the feedback and feature requests board and thank you for sharing the feedback which we'll pass along to the Google Maps team. I also recommend sharing Google Maps feedback directly in the app or on desktop, too. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Googler
Solution

Hi @RonneBD. It is not currently possible to make offline contributions or save contributions as drafts. I've moved your post to the feedback and feature requests board and thank you for sharing the feedback which we'll pass along to the Google Maps team. I also recommend sharing Google Maps feedback directly in the app or on desktop, too. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 5

Hi,

It s a big probleme for this app because i have little data on my subscribtion and some area without 4g...

It's complicated for me to add data on map so i didn't add

It s not complicated to make a memory cache on app to store value of map before travel and my contribs.  And push with wifi after. 

Could you tell us when this feature will be in app?

Level 10

Hi @RonneBD, I completely understand your frustration. Keep in mind however that people have - similarly and repeatedly - requested that photos should be added to places when we are there, on the spot, but the upload process should only be "finished" when the phone gets connected via wifi. And now we DO have this option. So please, keep these ideas coming ad they can make a huge difference in the future.