ksaharthi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Need for Arabic discussion forum

@PaulPavlinovich

Thanks  let me equip the case with facts has to be known. 

The Holly makkah has a unique identity in the world. 

This city never sleep 24 by 365. Vusitors from the globe keep coming and reach their peak number of more than  TWO MILLION pilgrims staying for less than a month during which they are disparate for our guiding activity.  I dout that servers at google can coup with this demand without prior preparation. 

Connect Moderator

There are 60+ million Local Guides across the globe @ksaharthi - Maps will handle the load. What might not cope is local infrastructure that gets the users to Maps.

Regards Paul

Level 6

@PaulPavlinovich

Capacity planning is my playground with all respect to your opinion.  It's not only the number of users,  during narrow window is what matters

Level 6

@PaulPavlinovich @ErmesT @OSAMA

Is it possible that we create our own forum elsewhere and link to it from here. Vast world we have so why restrict ourselves to rocky mountain. 

Level 6

@PaulPavlinovich @ErmesT

Didn't get an answer yet. Can you link to an external source for Arabic forum if we create one outside Connect! 

Connect Moderator

Hi @ksaharthi no, Connect won't link to any external communities. Google used to have a concept of Supported Communities but this support was dissolved when Connect was created. Communities outside of Connect are not encouraged to protect the privacy and security of Local Guides.

While I do not speak for Google in any way, I would advise waiting a little while, with Connect Live and other activities on the near horizon there isn't much time to think of anything else. Please be patient and wait for a decision from the Google team.

Regards Paul

Level 6

@PaulPavlinovich

I will listen to your advice. 

Connect Moderator

Cool @ksaharthi I should not you won't always get answers quickly and why - we're in quite different time zones. I normally get into Connect for an hour or so in the evening after dinner.

Connect Moderator

Hi @mrcool0902 I'm not sure what your post is in response to?

@mrcool0902 wrote:

You can simply make an edit

Level 6

@PaulPavlinovich

Sometimes my young  heart doesn't like to wait.  I Just follow it. 

Sorry for pushing hard a little bit.  Spices make food tasty