PushpendraKhadka's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Map edit shows other information rather than I made

Hello LG moderaters  teams and mates while I was editing map, exploring map I found someone has kept wrong number in Everest base camp. So when I removed it and submitted it map automatically shows another number suggestion, I did not added that number I am in confusion how was that possible. I thought something went wrong or due to hang it may occer and again I edit it to remove phone number from it but same problem one number apper there. It is under google moderation that will be rejected but I am in confuse how is such possible? Screenshot_20170807-000711.png

You can see that on suggestion therw is a phone number which says thats my suggestion but I did not made that suggestion. Everest base camp do not have any phone number. Expert help to remove that number. And moderators please tell me what kind of problem is that?

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Everest Base Camp, Khumjung, Nepal
8 comments
Level 9

Re: Map edit shows other information rather than I made

@IlankovanT,

Level 8

Did you try doing the same edit using different Maps platform?  Desktop Maps / Android Maps / iOS Maps to see if the same happens, @PushpendraKhadka?

Please also submit a Feedback in Maps and post at Maps Help Forum.

Level 9

@YK1001 yes I used andriod and desktop web. Both shows same error. I got email with another detail. As you can see on screensotScreenshot_20170807-073259.png

It shows that I removed two numbers and suggested another number but I want to remove that number because that number is not associated to this feature. Any one can google that number. I didnot suggest that edit how is that possible?

Level 9

You can also try to edit https://goo.gl/maps/LGccLZR1SH22. if my browser got some problems you should be able to fix it.

Level 9

@TraciC, @JeslynL, @YanniY, @TokyoJoe, @Myrathor, @LuisRG please help me, The edit looks like spam. If the team who verify the edits thinks I am spammer and mark me spam, I will not have any option. Then I should cry and sit at the corner of room :(.

Connect Moderator

Hi @PushpendraKhadka it might be showing you a suggested edit from someone else as an extension to check the facts - this is just a guess from my own experiences.

Regards

Paul

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich ya that can be. I think in previous from Map maker we can add more than one phone number. so there are more than one number in Everest base camp when I removed one on related number from the feature map automatically select another number from list may be. But this is error isn't it? I did not suggest that number. I want to remove that spamming number but my edit shows another spamming number is being suggested by me. that was very terrible.

Connect Moderator

Lols, I had a look at the entry and noticed it did not have a website. I searched and found the correct Nepalese government website and added it. Instantly Not Applied :). These things really do happen to all of us.

Maybe @JeslynL can check your edit as the issue of a different number than the one you put in under your account is interesting that's for sure.

Regards

Paul