Mattjunior's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Location not approved

I added a location and for over 3week it is still pending. At first it was not approved I went and took the coordinate again and readd  it. Till now  is still pending what is the likely cause. 

Abuja, Nigeria
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Location not approved

Hello @Mattjunior,

While both @JanVanHaver and @Forraphael are correct, I thought it might help to reference this post for a little more insight into pending edits to Google Maps. 

Don't take it personally, and don't try to resubmit your edit - this'll only increase the review queue. 

Thanks for your contributions and keep on adding to the map 👍🏽

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Mattjunior, if it is Pending, this might mean that it needs to be checked by another local guide, who will see it in the Check the Facts module ('Does this place exist' type of question). I have had places pending for months before they were approved (or not applied).

Patience is something very important to have as local guide 😁

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 6

You might experience some little challenge if the location you're adding is business centre. If it is one, then you need to use google business to do that, but, if it is not then check your internet connection and re add the coordinates. more so, kindly check it's not a duplicate on the map.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @Mattjunior,

While both @JanVanHaver and @Forraphael are correct, I thought it might help to reference this post for a little more insight into pending edits to Google Maps. 

Don't take it personally, and don't try to resubmit your edit - this'll only increase the review queue. 

Thanks for your contributions and keep on adding to the map 👍🏽

Level 1

OK now there are many reasons for this problem though it could be your connection is too poor or that you need new phone or it could be because you need to update google maps and try again now you might have the offline feature which may also be a issue if its turned on and if you have to you may go to the nearest phone company of yours and ask or complain and you may get your money back that my suggestion.

Level 5

It has been resolved probably because it was a new developing area.Thanks for your contribution to google

Level 5

thanks it has been resolved

Level 5

Alright noted

Level 8

Today Google denied the addition of 3 new locations that I tried to add to Google Maps - I have photos and locations/addresses. Two of them are new stores in an airport - given that Google recognizes other individual stores within the airport I'm confused why mine were not approved.

Additionally, the airport just recently opened (in the past two weeks) a brand new terminal for domestic flights. I submitted that and was also denied (I also have photos for that). What is going on??

Level 7

I had this same issue too. Adding new locations takes a lot of effort to then have it finally not being added. Its frustrating...