hanubkrishna's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Guides should be given an option to remove spam

I see a lot of spam content all the time. When we are contributing especially when taking photographs people/public/ business owners are happy but they always say please remove the spam content. They would expect us to do it. In a way that's definitely fair, because we see the pages before we upload and we can identify the spam easily. At least you can provide us with the option to mark for spam content. 

To cite an example: Look at this video, how irrelevant is this content goo.gl/brNRPy. This is a local railway station page and we all know that this is irrelevant content. 

Hanu B Krishna
Serial Entrepreneur
Kachiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Local Guides should be given an option to remove spam

hello @hanubkrishna

We are already enabled to do it!

All that it takes is hit the flag icon in the upper right corner of the street and choose the appropriate option.

I agree with you totally that removing this kind of content is as important as adding the new and relevant.

Happy mapping!

flag a contributionflag a contribution

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

hello @hanubkrishna

We are already enabled to do it!

All that it takes is hit the flag icon in the upper right corner of the street and choose the appropriate option.

I agree with you totally that removing this kind of content is as important as adding the new and relevant.

Happy mapping!

flag a contributionflag a contribution

Former Google Contributor

Hello @hanubkrishna,

You can follow @CaptainHook post. This is the way to handle spam and inappropriate content.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 9

I've never seen the flag on a Chrome browser. That's much nicer than what I get - the 3pt font "report a problem".

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 8.49.59 AM.png

Level 8

@dbateser wrote:

I've never seen the flag on a Chrome browser. That's much nicer than what I get - the 3pt font "report a problem".

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 8.49.59 AM.png

The screenshot I posted is from Chrome. The flag first appeared a month ago or so.

It is possible that it is not fully rolled out, some hidden setting sensitive or that you're not using the most up-to-date version.

Hello @CaptainHook and @dbateser,

I will need to investigate on why the flag is not available to everyone.

As for how to report content, there is a great topic here.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

Hey @CaptainHook and @dbateser,

We are always improving the experience to make it faster and better for everyone and we slowly roll out new features to Maps,  it's possible that not everyone has the feature enable yet.

This is all I got for now.

Thanks!

Georges