PSR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Level 10

Local Guides Photos Taking Over Drive's Space

As a level 8 Local Guide, I have shared tonnes of photos. It reduced my free space and I had to purchase additional space for Rs. 1300 plus. This is totally atrocious that Google charging Local Guides for sharing photos free of cost with own data. 

Eternal Krishna Apartment, Road Number 4, Haripuri Colony, Margadarshi Colony, Kothapet, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Local Guides Photos Taking Over Drive's Space

@PSR

@PSR wrote:

As a level 8 Local Guide, I have shared tonnes of photos. It reduced my free space and I had to purchase additional space for Rs. 1300 plus. This is totally atrocious that Google charging Local Guides for sharing photos free of cost with own data. 

There is nothing atrocious or unfair with local guides. Please read the thread into the link mention below, everything will be clear to you. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Drive-Issue/td-p/546186

Best Regards 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

@PSR

@PSR wrote:

There is nothing atrocious or unfair with local guides. Please read the thread into the link mention below, everything will be clear to you. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Drive-Issue/td-p/546186

Best Regards 

Level 10
Level 10

This is tricky. High Resolution/ Unlimited option was selected in my account. Google should have prompted me to Compress before forcing me to buy extra space. By default it should be in Compressed mode. At least Local Guides should have been guided properly. 
Level 9

Please take a closer look into that post. I've started two thread in photos forum and still waiting for solution. @PSR I do agree with you. Please have a look into this post in google photos forum.