TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Are you seeing a decrease in your Local Guides points?

Hello,  I've lost over 150 points overnight! It was very frustrating till I saw this post, I am pretty sure my contributions are in line with google's policies and was almost 30-25 points away from reaching level 5! Which I have been waiting for so long, I contribute in order to enrich the online content in google

@TraciC wrote:

The team has been made aware that some Local Guides are seeing a loss of Local Guides points. If you are one of the Local Guides impacted by an inaccurate points count and you are certain your photos and reviews do not violate Google Maps' policies, we ask that you please bear with us as the team is looking into this and will resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Any contributions you continue to make to Google Maps will not be impacted and your points should return (as long as the contributions adhere to Google Maps' policies, of course) once it has been resolved. 

All updates on this issue will be posted right here on this post/thread. Thank you in advance for your patience as we work to resolve this as quickly as possible. 

Below are some reminders about how points are awarded:

• Local Guides receive 1 point per place they upload photos to, whether it's 1 photos or 10 photo, though it must be a specific place or point of interest on Google Maps and not coordinates. 
  • Points will decrease/are removed if photo or review contribution does not adhere to Google Maps' policies or if a place that an image or review is uploaded to is completely deleted from Google Maps. Visiting Your contributions tab within Google Maps should prove to be helpful if you're certain your contributions have not violated the policies.
  • Points occasionally do fluctuate and typically normalize after 24 hours or so (though for edits and photos, it's after they've been accepted/approved for points to be awarded).

Level 7

In a nutshell.....

If this was a glitch in one of Google's prime services such as Google Play, or Addwords the "glitch" would have been fixed in an instant.

As it stands we are not important to Google and do not directly bring an income to them, therefore we don't count for much at all.
I'm beginning to feel like a proper fool for spending my time trying to help and contribute.

Level 8

Yesterday evening (UTC +1) I've figured out that, while I was aiming to Level 5, I've lost someway something like170 points, in fact before my profile used to score like 480 points and now scores 308. Someone could help me to understand what's happened? I guess I didn't disattended any rule of the program.

Thank you so much.

Level 7

hey people i lost my 34 points and drop me level 4 to level 3 so what's the meaning of this?

still google didn't solve this bug or something else.i am sure that i didn't do any unusual thing.

Level 5

Al superar los 600 puntos te bajan a 500

Buenas, pues eso, que al superar los 600 puntos me han vuelto a bajar a los 500, la verdad que hago esto por gusto e incluso el TB de regalo ni lo he utilizado, pero me gustaria seguir acumilando los puntos por si sacaran niveles y ventajas nuevas que me pudieran interesar de verdad, por los premios la verdad que para mi son baratijas.

Level 8

Hi All,

Please allow some time for Google to resolve any issues found.

Unless deductions are due to content removal, such lost of points / level are transient and will be restored ultimately.

Level 5

Half of my points disappeared

I want to know: why, suddenly, in blog of "Local Guides" half of my point disappeared.

I had 749 points - now i have only 490

Level 5

Lost Points

I want to know: why, suddenly, in blog of "Local Guides" half of my point disappeared.

I had 749 points - now i have only 490