cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google in Future

I want to share my thoughts:

Just like I wrote before, voluntary system is OK but for small stuff like writing reviews, answering question, "suggestions" for phone, working time, closed etc. but also under control of Googlers.

But Voluntary System is not good for maintaining quality of maps, it must be internal with contracts with mappers/reviewers, etc. and of course with responsibility for their acts.

Like before when Google had problems when Google Map Maker was suspended after it was used to draw Android urinating on Apple, now we have other spam - "Trump Tower" changeing of the name...

He is a president now, we can like him or not but he is a president of United States...and this can not be good.

After all it does not matter who he is, on the Maps all is important ! (For me equally)

You, Google, you cant even trust Regional Leads or Local Guides, not completely...there are volunteers and you cant know who and why do they join to the some of Google programs...

They can be good mappers and Local Guides for a wile and then...he have a power for spam...sure that spam will be temporarily but it can harm the reputation of Google...

There is a solution, but you cant do that only with employees from one or two...three... countries of 1st world.

The system of moderation must be more serious than before or now. 

You need to think about the future, not just 10,20...50,100 years into the future...for a 50 years self-driving cars will be absolutely normal, if Google want to be dominant in this field and other, there is no space for spam or any other global issues and you need to think now about future and "clean" name in that future. Because "tomorrow" someone can take advantage just because of "little things" and "bad" history.

World is changing, and also ways of looking at some things...before a wile it was be normal to burn someone at the stake on the middle square and people are looking that and cheer, just because someone has a different look or thought...so future is unpredictable and who knows what will be strange in future.

I like writing and thinking about future 🙂

Like many other products of Google, using of Maps growing in whole world and this will of course increase the pres..ce of spammers.

Spam does not necessarily have to be with the intention, it can be because of "not knowing the rules"...especially in 3rd world countries...

6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google in Future

@Anonymous u right ,, we should thought about future ..

Level 8

Give it time and a small amount of effort to weed out spammers and I'm sure the big G will sort out algorithm's to automatically remove certain stuff.  I'm not too worried about this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GraniteApe 

I do, I am worried because every algorithm is created by human, human make mistakes but algorithm can "react" only to what human was know in that time...they can update algorithms and all but there is always "back door" and other mistake made by human what other human also can see and use that and take advantage...

More presence of automation and algorithms brings more danger.

Only AIs (not only one) can control this, but also AI must be controlled by large team of Pros and non-Pros...because Pros see only logic, codes, equation, variables...but not behavior changes in acting and reacting.

But in future, who knows 🙂

Level 7

Or, instead of following that complicated solution, or maybe along side it(*wink wink*), you could just either pay volunteers to do it or make everyone under L4 be subject to reviewing of every action

Level 8

This is exactly why Google Level 5+ adventurers should be paid or otherwise incentivized to continue producing great content. 

Here's how!

https://medium.com/@mr.justinarn/fixing-google-local-guides-program-36f52dfe59d3#.k9q7j4hxj

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justin-A

Well I'm Level 5 with 8400 points... What Level should I be? 🙂 

Also I am RL with lot of edits and other related things. 

Trusted Photographer SV

Community Moderator of few LG communities and owner of one... 

No job, no money, my laptop is old and slow but I managed to draw ctvs and postal codes, and other... My laptop is 15.6" very small for working on mm but still, yes I got as a gift before few months one monitor but broken... Every 10 minutes it turns off 🙂 

I am applying to many Google jobs at Google Careers but no luck so far... But I'm hoping, yes I am... I have hope... 

I was saw that you posting this article at many posts... 

I was writing something like this at few of my posts, Local Guide Level 5 - Limited Edition etc... But I must disagree with something, Local Guides program does not dying, LG can become very good program and one of better in Google... They just need to adjust few things... 

In your text I feel that you are angry, not sure why...