aashishvanand's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google Trips and Google Maps Connectivity

Google trips (https://get.google.com/trips/) has daily plans which are very interesting for the tourist visiting a new place. It automatically chooses the best sightseeing plan based on your tickets and journey details from email.  Showing this information in the maps would be a great idea.  Connectivity between Google Trips and Google Maps should be made so that the planned trip could be navigated easily like the ones done in Google Calendar. Most of my Calendar appointments pop up in my Maps. Similarly, showing daily plans from Google Trips.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google Trips and Google Maps Connectivity

Hi @aashishvanand all the information in Trips comes from gmail/inbox and calendar so the same items should appear in Maps. Trips is based on Maps and uses information contributed by Local Guides (reviews, etc).

Regards Paul

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich I meant the auto-suggested Day Plans aren't appearing in the maps. Its like I need to open the Google Trips app go to my daily plans and select a place from there. When the system could automatically suggest me the places why not a small approval kind of or a gesture where I can know oh this place is the next which I need to go or a list kind of. See in my case I have an upcoming trip to Bangalore for Google Developer Days 2017. It picked my trip details from email and showed but it never showed the itinerary from Google Trips. 

Screenshot_20171021-145841.jpgScreenshot_20171021-145802.jpg

The image on the left shows the Auto-generated tour itinerary. Which never made its way into the map. Much similar to the Google Fit and Google Calendar at least some feedback could be given like the one below.

Screenshot_20171021-152106.jpg

Connect Moderator

Ok, so do you want to see the day plan as a navigation in Maps so you can start following it?

I'm going to move this to feature requests.

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich Thanks, that's exactly what I meant. 

Level 8

So sorry @PaulPavlinovich  that was not my intent at all. But please explain. if i scan my itinerary e.g. day 1, day 2, and so on .. are you able to select day 1 as say 25th of Dec and it understands linking the rest into Google Trips?

Level 8

The reason I ask is because I did notice that Google picked up information in one of the documents and added into my calendar but those were for flights so I have been curious since then how to compile the information you did not pick up other information from other emails about it and just then now that I've downloaded trips it has picked up the 2 cities from the calendar associated to a flight. I did scan another flight saved it in Google Drive but nothing had been picked up and put in my calendar so I'm guessing Google drive isn't yet linked for content that might be picked up in a document regarding locations and dates?

Connect Moderator

@My360Reality as far as I know all the data comes from emails and it doesn't look anywhere else.