P0ffee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Maps Preview

Hello,

I was a part of Google Maps Preview and had it installed on my previous phone. I got my new Pixel XL 2 and realized that I don't have the preview app installed. Can someone assist me in getting it installed? I was reminded because I got an update about the project today from Google. I also accidentally left the Google Group for the preview and need re-added. Thank you for your help.

P0ffee, Pittsburgher for life
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google Maps Preview

Hi @P0ffee my Preview Maps transferred from my old phone to my new Pixel 2 by itself. I had to let it update after it installed and agree to the permissions but it was there and working. How did you transfer devices? If you go to the install instructions you got in your original email that should still work.

There is no Google Group for the preview. All feedback goes directly via the App itself.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Hi Paul, I don't have the initial email it can't don't it at least. When u transferred Sara I used a cable with adapter between the devices but for some reason don't have the preview app on my new phone.

Level 9

@P0ffee

Hi! just as @PaulPavlinovich said, once you log in into your new device with your map preview email that you signed up initially. it will automatically log you into your preview account. And you will get access to your account.

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 8

Thanks but where do I log into on the device to reinstall? I don't have the Intel email, or I can't find it at least. I know I'm still signed up because I got a newsletter about the preview yesterday.

Level 9

@P0ffee log into your playstore account using your primary email you used to signed up for the Google Maps preview. and download the maps app or update it. It will work 

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.