JibinPaul's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Map lite App

Why can't we think about a lite app of Map?

Because of the insufficient storage in my phone am not able to update my google map app.So that am not able to access the question and answer(Q&A) which is only available in app. Also am missing some of the other features. So if a lite application of Map is there i will be able to access all the features with less sized app. Also it will be helpful to the featured phones having GPS in it.

I have seen the lite mode version in browser in which we can't access many of the features.  Looking forward for the best replies.

Thank You in Advance!

Jibin Paul

Kerala, India
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Google Map lite App

Hello @JibinPaul,

I see that you wish there could be a lite version of the mobile app in order that you could then get all the features of Maps; which you are not currently able to do as your phone has limited space.

I'm afraid, though, that the way apps are made lite is to remove features.  The app has become larger due to the added features; there would not really be a way to make a smaller app with all the features.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 10

Yes @JibinPaul Lite version of the application dos't have some features.

if you have any suggestion regarding that please post it into Feedback and Feature Requests section.

Things you can’t do in Lite mode : 

In Lite mode, some features are turned off. You won't be able to do the following things while using Lite mode:

• See 3D imagery and Earth view
  • Show your computer’s location on the map
  • Set home and work addresses
  • Search nearby
  • Measure the distance between places
  • Get coordinates
  • Drag routes
  • Embed a map
  • Send a place to your car
  • View My Maps in Google Maps
  • Suggest an edit
  • Add private labels to places

Hope it helps you.

Thank You 🙂

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator

Hola @JibinPaul, moví tu consulta a este tablón donde es más adecuado 

Saludos Farid

Level 10

Thank you @FaridTDF

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @JibinPaul,

I see that you wish there could be a lite version of the mobile app in order that you could then get all the features of Maps; which you are not currently able to do as your phone has limited space.

I'm afraid, though, that the way apps are made lite is to remove features.  The app has become larger due to the added features; there would not really be a way to make a smaller app with all the features.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

@Flash Yes sir i can understand.  Thanks for the reply

Regards,

Jibin Paul