Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Give 2 points for a area visit

Dear googlers+connect moderators,

When we visit a place/review then view a option on screen "Are you here now?"

• yes
  • no

For every "yes" answer 2 points can give us. (it's my opinion)

If given points then LGs will interest to visit place. when they visit place they can give right reviewing and questions answers.

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Give 2 points for a area visit

Hi @TuhinSir.

That option is there to add the place to your timeline. Your timeline on Google Maps is quite accurate, but sometimes it's not perfect, so you can answer yes and have it included there. But that is for your eyes only, as that information is never shared. So it's not something related to contributions 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @TuhinSir.

That option is there to add the place to your timeline. Your timeline on Google Maps is quite accurate, but sometimes it's not perfect, so you can answer yes and have it included there. But that is for your eyes only, as that information is never shared. So it's not something related to contributions 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 7

Hello @TuhinSir

Unfortunately I am going to have to say no.

The idea of giving points to people for going to a location, getting a option on screen "Are you here now? " with them confirming it which gives points could have the problems below.

- A location spoofer could be used.

- A Fake GPS hack could be used.

- A bot could be used to go to locations and confirm the person is there.

Etc

Furthermore with all the categories already which give points, we really don't need anymore.