Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Will he be able to help? In particular I'm looking towards the coders, engineers or programmer's side of things which has severely reduced the leniency of making objectionable edits to review.

Here are a few more articles about instant not applied that are frustrating the community at this moment of time:

Category not applied

Place not applied

Name change not applied

It's almost been a week now, still nada.

Level 8

Hi @Briggs,

There is no quick fixes.  It  will take time.  So when  our Google Moderators said our issue is already escalated, we just need to wait.  If more information is needed, they will approach you.

It seems to me that you are not having all edits auto rejected.  So it is not a clear cut case and that will also increase the difficulties.

Level 10

I know Sampson. So I'm making my best way to report all my findings over the past week in screenshots as you see here. You have no idea how much this is upsetting me right now. This is day 6, and it's still like this?! 

Today's edits, as well as some from last night. It seems as if I can mark places as closed, but map markers are exceedingly hard, names are quite impossible. Note that Laundry Queen was done two weeks ago before this started happening.Today's edits, as well as some from last night. It seems as if I can mark places as closed, but map markers are exceedingly hard, names are quite impossible. Note that Laundry Queen was done two weeks ago before this started happening.

Dear diary,

It's day 6. Since it's finally Monday for some people and the summit is over, hopefully the engineers and case-officers at Google will be able to look at this more swiftly and endeavour for a solution. Looks like it's still quite cloudy outside, which is good because I don't tend to take photos of external places without a blue sky. Still.

I created the place Best's Take Away a few months ago. Seeing those four dots and a 'tagline' that wasn't there before are really pushing my buttons. The official name is Best's Take Away. They also serve Vietnamese food. So does Seven Hills Take Away. But it's those four dots that really irk me. Do people have any integrity?! Do you?!

So you choose instead to reject me automatically.

Just like you did with the Map maker communities (although I wasn't there for that).

I'll give it until next Monday, when it's forecasted to be a sun-shining day. Any day later and I quit.

Level 10

I know something is very wrong. Can't we just go through a reversion of code? Who in their right minds determined to just reject everyone?

Further articles:

Google maps showing won't be verified every time edit on only one place

Map markers no longer movable?

Re: Local Guide submissions should override info from third parties containing no information.

wrong number on a major cinema multiplex

Many places are wrongly added

It seems to me that the trust level all across the 50 million local guides have diminished greatly. You've got to find yourself a way to distinguish between the affluent, truly trusted ones and the sketchy ones. Don't just go trying to make some blanket solution that just hurts everyone instead. Very dumb.

Level 8

Hi @Briggs,

I know how stressing it can be for those of us cared about our edits.

In situations like this, we can direct our focus else where while waiting for further updates.

The more focus we put to somewhere that we cannot control, the more stress we will become.

Take a break, deep breath and ultimately the issues will go away.

Level 10

Hello @YK1001,

Thanks for the consolation.

It's hard when you become so incredibly involved in something that you love and that it feels like it's somehow taken away. The same thing happened with another thing that I spent countless hours and efforts in, earlier this year before I directed my efforts to Google Maps.

I will continue to wait. I know this is temporary but it's difficult to just keep on waiting. I can still complain all I want but in the end that'll end up nowhere. I just have to be gracious/grateful that a platform like this existed in the first place.

I shall steer clear of this editing feature for the meantime and focus on the other things I love. Like Zumba or bitcoin for one instance! Hehe.

Level 9

Could not be verified

_20171016_160836.JPG

I do get this  Error on every change now. Whats going on? 

Level 7

Re: Could not be verified

@Briggs@BruceDM, another victim of the Evil Algorithm

Former Google Contributor

Hello @sputnikjim,

We're looking into this now. Thanks for flagging.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

What sort of changes are you making @wishmasterf? Are you changing map markers, categories, names, or a mixture of all? And for different listings right?

Otherwise still, it's been looked at. Thanks for the tag @sputnikjim. Hear hear!