cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Fix duplicate places in Maps

Hello Moderators,

Immense satisfaction,

I have made many duplicate editions of places on the map, sometimes even at the same address. We mark the place as "duplicate from another place" but we constantly see the same active place.

This is due to the fact that the other local guides when they go to check, or even the moderators, (I do not know how it works for sure) go check the place and recognize it as existing only. There is no question like "this place is duplicated" or "this place is the same as that?" In the "Confirm data" tool.

I suggest an update in this sense: we could, by marking the place as duplicate of another, already indicate which is the place that already exists and is already duplicated.

In order to avoid risk of places with more comments that the other duplicate loses, an algorithm can be done in which the place that has the most comments is the effective one, and the one that has less comments is excluded in the moderation / confirmation of data.

I believe that this tool would be very useful, since the "permanently closed", and the "moved" are already perfect in how they act.

Brazilian Local Guide
2 comments
Level 8

Re: Fix duplicate places in Maps

@HelloSamsonR @LucioV Do you know if there is this option in your country? Here in Brazil there is not. Did any moderator see this publication? I did not want to tag any specific moderators so everyone knows I sent them all.

Brazilian Local Guide
Level 10

Re: Fix duplicate places in Maps

@MarlonReis wrote:

@HelloSamsonR @LucioV Do you know if there is this option in your country? Here in Brazil there is not. Did any moderator see this publication? I did not want to tag any specific moderators so everyone knows I sent them all.

No, i cannot see this question in "check the facts" section.

I think that duplicate reports are going to be processed by a specific team of googlers.

Or maybe the question that is related to this report is "Is this place really exists?", that could lead to a non effective duplicate removal!

You are correct, this check the fact addition could help!