AnjoC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Feature request: bulk reporting irrelevant photos

In popular locations like malls and parks, people tend to contribute plenty of photos that are irrelevant to the place. It could be selfies, photos of a different location, or other such things. The current reporting process is very tedious if we want to report multiple photos (see screenshot), especially if they're from different users. It would be great if there's a way to report these photos in bulk and make the cleanup process much easier.

@TraciC I'd also like to report this user for spam, if you can help with that.

5 comments
Level 7

Re: Feature request: bulk reporting irrelevant photos

Good idea to make images reflect the actual current business. This includes the images that are taken at the location in question but are irrelevant to the business at that location as well as images that reflect a previous business. Restaurants and bars in NYC have a high turnover rate.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AnjoCI have reached out to you via private message with more details about sharing such information with the team. Please check your inbox. Also- I removed a photo from your post for privacy concerns. Thank you!

Level 10

@Atsukot

I feel like bumping same thing but I'm not feeling like I I should open another thread...

Mapp app following some AI of its own tend to suggest publication of photos from +- few kilometers as "shot nearby" place XY, and people publish photos in bulk...

I concur with "trusted reporter" suggestion as someone has to have a possibility to report pictures in a more simpler way.  Also, this reports, as they take time, can be taken as additional points in LG world...

I just reported one by one over few dozen photos of one POI attributed to the POI few kilometers away. As well as pictures of children's birthday attached to the grocery store or museum... And the only option to report such is to mar them irrelevant of the single POI, whether they might be relevant for some other POI and even great pictures of that other POI, or they are just plain irrelevant photos of someones private event (and you can't mark them as private as they are not yours...)

Please check up on other possibilities of reporting and rewarding such efforts and tasks...

Or if there is any other simpler method of doing so please PM me...

Former Google Contributor

Hello @VlLo, Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts here. Unfortunately, we currently don't have a feature to delete multiple photos at once from POI. I encourage you to submit the feature suggestion to the team through Send Feedback. Again, thank you so much for your cooperation!