NickMorris's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Easy Option to Indicate when a Place is Inside Another Place (e.g. shop in a mall)

I've been adding a lot of shops in malls recently and noticed that sometimes Google Maps understands/recognises that shops/restaurants are inside malls and sometimes they don't. I thought it would be a good feature to have a specific option that we can edit to indicate to Google when a place we are editing or adding is inside another place. 

6 comments
Level 8

Re: Easy Option to Indicate when a Place is Inside Another Place (e.g. shop in a mall)

Agreed.  This will be very handy.

It will allow the "inside" POI to inherit the same street address of the "outside" POI, thus making the data more consistent.

Level 10

Re: Easy Option to Indicate when a Place is Inside Another Place (e.g. shop in a mall)

I agree.

Actually you have to set the pin, and the address not always is the correct one (as malls usually have not public address).

And then you have to wait the fact checking to confirm that is inside the mall.

Level 8

Hi @LucioV,

Please correct me whenever applicable.

First of all, the Mall itself has a Street Address - detailed or not, depends on the Region.

Then for the Shops Inside of the Mall, there should be somekind of "internal address", managed by the Mall,  like Floor and Shop Number, etc.

Thus the Full Address of the Shop (inside the Mall) should have the same Street Address of the Mall.

That is my understanding. 

(Some Mall is so large that it can have multiple Street Address - let's not go there.)

Level 10

Many malls here in Italy, have got several public access points, and sometimes not the best one is selected as official address; could be the main entrance or a car runway....

Level 8

Then, we should fix the Address at the Mall POI.  If the Inside / Outside relationship is there, once the Mall address is corrected, all the Shops inside the Mall can be corrected automatically in future - if Google decided to do that in this way.

Level 6

That could be an excellent addition to google maps options. I have been struggling a lot trying to add new places inside popular Malls in my area.