shajipmathew's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Connecting tourist places in a district

It's a thought sparked. There may be lot of tourist destinations in around 100 km in the tourism hot spots of any region. For eg. My District, Wayanad have about 15 destinations within 70 Km radius. What I feel that Google map can do is, when a person start searching for a destination after arriving at some point , the Google map can personalize a plan with distance, type of destination and approx time for visit, so the traveler can be easily plan without any further help from others. Google map can do it. For eg, A B C D E were the destinations and the Google user stands at certain point typing for A. Google definitely able to bring up possible locations with a travel plan which would be covered in a day such D and E . I feel it will make sense and improve efficiency.

India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Connecting tourist places in a district

Hello @shajipmathew

Nice to meet you.

You can Submit Feedback and Feature Requests here

I use Google Trips app on top of Google Maps which is very handy when I travel. Have you tried it?

Cheers mate.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hello @shajipmathew

Nice to meet you.

You can Submit Feedback and Feature Requests here

I use Google Trips app on top of Google Maps which is very handy when I travel. Have you tried it?

Cheers mate.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @shajipmathew,

Like @Badruddeen said, I also use Google Trips for the same purpose. Another thing you can do is create your custom map using Google My Maps with all the destinations you want to visit in a certain area. This way it will be 100% personalised. 

Thank you for sharing your idea, it is noted. As @Badruddeen suggested, it belongs to the Feedback and Feature Requests board, so I'm moving it there.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hi @NadyaPN

Thank you for the prompt reply and suggestions. I would like to add one more bit of tip which maybe helpful.

Tip: When I travel, I always download offline maps of the areas I travel so that even when we have a bad cellular network coverage we are still in full control. 

So as Nadya suggested create your custom map and then download offline maps of those particular areas @shajipmathew

Thank you.

Level 5

Thanks. I will try. Hope it will work as I said...lol

Thanks again