RC73's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Available For Hire issue

Hi guides,

Since Tuesday, I have more than 50 'maps approved' photos (87 total), but the 'Available for hire' switch keeps telling me I need 50 approved photos. See screenshots below.

I have seen a few posts in here from guides having the same issue, but it is unclear if it is an actual issue which requires intervention from Google or if it's just a matter of patience. Any idea?

I check the switch multiples times every day and it's driving me a little bonkers. I'm really keen to get going on this! It would be great if the ambiguity surrounding the badge approval system was addressed once and for all.

20180516_104644.jpg

20180516_105355.jpg

Thanks!

RC73

16 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 5
Solution

Re: Available For Hire issue

Hi Guides,

I am pleased to announce that the Available for Hire switch finally worked for me 10 days after achieving 50 maps approved photos!

As soon as the Available For Hire switch is becomes activated, a congratulatory popup message will appear on your Street View app. You should immediately receive an email from Google. The email contains a link to an online form which needs to be filled in and submitted (takes only a minute). A further 5 working days of waiting is required before you are added to the list (if your application is approved).

Thank you to everyone involved for your assistance in this ticket.

Happy 360°ing!!

Regards,

RC73

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @RC73

The good news is that you published more than 50 photos approved by maps.

But your issue is in your photos , you're not available for hire.

Please turn on '' available for hire'' and everything will be fine.

To know how to become street view trusted photographer please read carefully this post  https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/Street-View-Trusted-Photographer-program-FAQs/td-p...

Let me know if it's useful.

See you around

Level 10

Dear @RC73, having atleast 50 photos approved is not enough for to be in hire list. As your 50 photos get approved you will get a application form in your email account. As you submit your form it will take a week to get approved for hire list.

So please check your mail and find the form. If not having the form then wait for it.

Thank you so much.

Level 5

As my screenshot shows, when I try to turn on the 'Available for hire' switch, it turns off then displays the message that I need fifty approved photos.

The FAQ page you sent shows the process as follows...

1. Get fifty 360° Google Map approved photos (I have 87).
  2. Turn on the 'Available for hire' switch in Street View app (doesn't allow me - keeps telling me I need fifty approved photos)
  3. Accept the invitation within the Street View app.
  4. Check email and fill in the application form.

So I'm stuck at Step 2 with no indication to show how long it will take for Step 2 to realise Step 1 has been completed.

Level 9

Hi @RC73,

Really a very bad situation it is. You've uploaded more than 50 photos and still unable to switch that button. I'm tagging here @NatalieP to look into this issue. 

@BishowvijayaP @Venance

He is unable to switch available for hire button.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 5

Thank you @BishowvijayaP. I'm confused. This FAQs page tells me I need to enable the 'Available for hire' switch first, but you're saying I get an email first.

Level 9

@RC73 wrote:

Thank you. I'm confused. This FAQs page tells me I need to enable the 'Available for hire' switch first, but you're saying I get an email first.

It is due to misunderstanding. Need not to be worry about it, our Google moderator NatalieP will reach you shortly. 

@RC73

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 5

Thank you @deepakjhic. Much appreciated!

Level 7

@RC73 Not seeing those settings in mine. Do you  have to submit a 360 photo first? Is this the same as a Pano pic?

Level 10

Oh! I got it @RC73. It can be due to software error. Update the app once and try it. Otherewise as @deepakjhic said, no need to worry as Googlers are with us to help.