Sovon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Ask a Local Guide button

Hi everyone,

I was just searching for some details of a place on Google Maps, like best time to visit, and if there are any budget hotels available or not. So I read through some reviews but could not find my answer. I felt like if it was possible to ask a Local Guide questions about that places inside the Map app, like chatting or mentioning them with a "@" tag. So if anyone online at that time could answer my question. I think this will help a lot.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Ask a Local Guide button

This is a nice idea, but you should know in advance some local guides in the area.

A great improvement to your original idea could be to suggest directly in your search box some well known local guides in the area.

Connect Moderator

@Sovon That is actually a great idea! I love being able to get feedback from Local Guides that are in the area in real time, although it needs to be done non-intrusively. I've been thinking about this for a while, even thought about building an app for it. I'm glad I'm not the only one that think this would be a great feature 🙂

Level 7

I really like this idea. That way local guides could really help people with specific questions about a certain locations. I can imagine that is sounds easier then it is, but kudos for the idea! I hope someone from Google can shed some light on the workability. 🙂

Vincent