RohithaF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Adding Donation Collection Centres/Boxes to Google Maps

Donation collection centres/Boxes are not an option available in the pull down menu to add these places to Google Maps.

IMG_20180707_124311014.jpg

Canadians respect and love the idea of donating as a mode of recycling and charity. This is an environmental friendly practice to reduce reusable and almost new items going to dumping grounds. There is a wide range of items including and not limited to clothing, children’s toys, electronics, books, furniture, appliances and  tools, being collected in the collection centres and boxes.  

Charitable organization turn profits reselling these items for worthy causes while providing employments to new-comers, college and university students in their thrift stores while making affordable items for available for reuse for budget hunters and collectors.

IMG_20180707_124302848.jpg

There are thousands of such collection boxes and centres scattered in Greater Toronto Area (GTA).

Google search with key words “donation collection” end up mostly with blood donation location and some places such as restaurants.

Can we get a ‘donation recycling collection centre or box’ as an option to add these places to the map in the pull down menu.  

@YK1001 @KarenVChin @TraciC @Badruddeen @Gio51x @AnuradhaP @Atsukot @RashmiM 

Oakville, ON, Canada
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Adding Donation Collection Centres/Boxes to Google Maps

@RohithaF, that is an awesome idea to add as a category in Google Maps!

We have donation collection boxes like this too in the US, I can think of Goodwill for example.  Also, come to think of it, we also have mini recycling center boxes (collect glass or soda bottles) like this too especially in the suburbs.

Cheers,

Karen

Former Google Contributor

@RohithaF, there is a recycle clothing bins (just like the one in your photo) inside of my apartment. There are also many bins located in New York City. I understand that it will be beneficial if people can find the locations easily.

I will share that with the team, but please also directly send your feedback to Google Maps. Thank you so much!

Level 10

Thanks @Atsukot I did it.

Regards

Rohitha