Why have you joined Google Local Guides Program?

Hi Google Local Guides all over the world !

Everyone has a stroy behind being a Google Local Guide. Maybe Passion of exploring new places, Maybe Being interested in Geography and pointing locations on maps , Maybe Being Fond of providing your point of view to help others…Thousands or millions of reasons for being Google Local Guides.

Additionally, I’m pretty sure that sustainability is essential for success within your journey as a Google Local Guide. Not only occasional or discrete contributions.

So, Let’s share the reason for being a Google Local Guide. I’d like to know you reasons for being a Google Local Guide.

13 Likes

For me being a local guide is all about sharing experiences, helping others, meeting new people, and exploring different things people suggest. I enjoy discovering new places, noticing little details, and sharing honest info. What started as simple contributions became something I genuinely enjoy. Thank you.


Picture from December 2019, my first time attending any meetup.

3 Likes

Hi @AkterAshik

Thanks so much for sharing your interesting experience ! Wishing you all the best

1 Like

Wishing you all the best as well and happy contributing.

1 Like

I think most people in the Local Guides community came here for similar reasons—a passion for maps, a love of travel, a desire to help… But I suppose everyone has their own story about how it all began. For me, it went like this:
When you’ve lived in the same city since childhood, surrounded by friends and family, you just know where everything is. You don’t even think about it. But a few years ago, life took a turn, and I temporarily moved to another country where I didn’t know a single soul or where to find anything. That’s when Local Guides became my lifesaver. Since I didn’t have real-life friends around yet, I relied on their reviews to navigate a completely unfamiliar city. It made me realize how many people out there might be feeling just as lost as I was. I wanted to pay it forward, and that’s exactly how my journey as a Local Guide began​:sparkles:

2 Likes

To save space on Google Drive and Google Photos and improve the knowledge of the world!

1 Like

Hi @Khatira_SM , thanks so much for sharing your interesting journey.

I get what you mean , I used to travel alone and benefited a lot from Google reviews.

Wishing you all the best !

1 Like

Hi @Martiin

Thanks for sharing your perspective. Yes you’re right , helping others is an essential part within being a Google local guide.

Best of luck !

I hope this small effort contribution (photos and reviews) can provide valuable information to others.

1 Like

Hi @fachrie230 , thanks for sharing this nice reason. Sure, they’d help a lot of people.

Best wishes !

1 Like

Hi @M_Yones, nice question! I’m from Bangladesh - I joined to help others with correct maps and to support small businesses. It’s my passion to help community. Thanks!

Shamsur Rahman,
Dhaka Bangladesh

1 Like

hi @ShamsurRahman , thanks so much for sharing your reasons , I agree with you a Google local guide could play a significant role within supporting local businesses.

Best of luck !

Like others to share my honest experience with others

1 Like

This is always a great topic! Thank you for sharing this! @M_Yones

1 Like

Hi @M_Yones, thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it. Yes, I believe as Local Guides we can really help our local businesses to grow. Thanks again for your support!
From

Shamsur
Rahman Dhaka Bangladesh

1 Like

Hi @Marj , thanks for sharing your reasons for being a Google local guide , I hope you enjoy this.

Wishing you all the best !

Hi @OliverKIWI , thanks so much for your kind words .

Wishing you all the best !

1 Like

You’re more than welcome @ShamsurRahman