Why am I a local guide again? Where is the opt out button?

A few years ago google marked a number of my reviews as “against community policy”. Those were reviews from places I had some of the best experiences during my trips with genuine words and pictures I took. Google also warned to revoke my local guide status without further explanation. As a result, I cancelled my local guide badge but continued to leave reviews at times.

Recently I discovered that the Local Guide badge is back on my account and it is concerning.

When did I agree to become a local guide?

And, how do I opt out of being a local guide?

They changed the system. So anyone making contributions automatically becomes a local guide. You cannot leave as far as I understand it.

văn bản nhấn mạnh

Do you mean to say that they closed the exit program page?

@MortenCopenhagen

Yup. the opt out page is gone for good. I have a draft post in the pipeline on this.

I’ll be waiting for that post. Actually, were getting posts in the maps forum. Users clearly asking for a section.