What’s the most interesting things that you’ve done as Local Guide: Your Riga Friend.

I am a professional guide in (around) Riga (Latvia), I am blessed with my job and an opportunity to introduce my city to tourists, to pass on my knowledge about it. And of course I am happy to visit and post fascinating places, both of my city or another ones, to share with tourists, visitors, guests… So, while traveling my husband and I often wish to feel like “locals”… To investigate all hidden gems or hot spots of a place… Sometimes when you step away from habitual or touristic route, you can find an authentic café, or gallery or a unique attraction. So, that is why my husband and I are on Google maps taking photos of something unusual and interesting.

I was really wondered that out of all places added by us to Google Maps, people liked most nice, cozy, tiny eco-friendly shop “Biete” (red beet in Latvian). People nowadays long for healthy products, healthy life, fresh products, clean air and good habits. What I like most there is fresh carrot juice with different flavors. They make it in your presence. Mmmm, yammy…-)) These small shops are all around Riga.

Reviews are important… And working time of different places… As tourists, we also like tasting food, so wide map of cafes and restaurant, made by local guide is extremely handy and from our side we also try to contribute there actively…

Another wonderful place I would like to mention is Mezaparks. It’s kind of a forest in the city. Wonderful source for fresh air, place to walk, do sports, relax, enjoy nature, even weddings… We often do Nordic walking there.

So I can’t say we have a kind of strategy, no, on the contrary, we just make photos of everything we like, or which might seem insightful, post it and hope that other people will find it useful. I think Local Guide is a wonderful source for that.

3 Likes

Ir patiesi iedvesmojoši dzirdēt, kā jūs dalāties savā aizrautībā ar Rīgu ar citiem, ne tikai kā gids, bet arī caur ikdienas atklājumiem. Šī vietējā perspektīva – mājīgu vietu, piemēram, Bietes, atrašana vai dabas baudīšana Mežaparkā – ir tieši tas, kas padara ceļojumu autentisku un neaizmirstamu. Lietotāji var spēlēt gan no https://slots-vader.lv/ datora, gan mobilajām ierīcēm bez jebkādām problēmām. Jūsu pieeja, vienkārši tverot to, kas šķiet interesants un patiess, šķiet ļoti dabiska, un ir skaidrs, kāpēc cilvēki novērtē jūsu ieguldījumu. Tieši šīs mazās, pārdomātās detaļas patiešām palīdz apmeklētājiem izveidot saikni ar vietu, kas atrodas ārpus ierastā tūristu maršruta.