[Virtual] New Zealand, August 19, World Photography Day Virtual meetup 10pm NZ Time

:camera_with_flash: World Photography Day Meetup: Celebrate the Craft!

Did you know that on August 19, 1839, the French government purchased the patent for the daguerreotype process and released it as a free gift to the world? That moment opened photography to everyone—and on August 19, 2026, we’re gathering to celebrate it!

Whether you shoot on a DSLR, a film camera, or just your smartphone, this meetup is for anyone who loves capturing moments.

This is a virtual meetup so anyone can join it!

#What We’ll Be Doing:

Photography Fundamentals: A quick mini-presentation on basic concepts to level up your shots.

Photo Show & Tell: Bring a favorite photo or two! We’ll swap stories, share creative ideas, and talk about our process.

Pro Tips & Tricks: Easy, practical ways to take better photos right away.

Open Q&A: Ask anything about gear, settings, composition, or editing.

When it is 10:00 PM in New Zealand (NZST, UTC+12),
Australia (Eastern: 8:00 PM, Central: 7:30 PM, Western: 6:00 PM),
Indonesia (Western/Jakarta: 6:00 PM, Central/Bali: 7:00 PM, Eastern: 8:00 PM), Malaysia: 6:00 PM,
India: 3:30 PM,
Bangladesh: 4:00 PM.
UK: 11am

42 Likes

Will be there to share my thoughts ..

1 Like

Thank you! I am so looking forward to this! @MoscowMani

Thank you:) @anon64801222

Hope the meet up will run smoothly @OliverKIWI

1 Like

Thank you:) @Dinithea

All the best for your meetup :hugs:

1 Like

Hey! Why not join us? @framesbysumedh

1 Like

Yes sure :blush:
I would love to join :grin:

1 Like

Keren luar biasa idenya @OliverKIWI baru tau ada hari fotografi. Ilmu bagus mohon doanya saya dapat hadir juga . Semahal seorang makeup artist saya sangat butuh ilmu tersebut. Sukses terus yaaa

1 Like

All the best for the meet-up @OliverKIWI :bouquet::tada:
I’ll try to join, hopefully :crossed_fingers::sweat_smile:

1 Like

@OliverKIWI, unfortunately it’s a little late for me with early days most days for me. Look forward to hearing how it goes.

1 Like

Please add it to you calendar if you are available. Thank you! @framesbysumedh

1 Like

No worries:) TIA! @framesbysumedh

2 Likes

I know! @TheEagleEye I try to accomodate more people from other part of the world, especially Australiasia area:) No worries! We can meet next time when you come up to Auckland!

Very much excited to join such an insightful meeting. Will join for sure @OliverKIWI .

1 Like

Welcome!! @AmitSharma1507 I look forward to meeting you online!

This sounds like a wonderful meetup @OliverKIWI :camera_with_flash::sparkles: As someone who really enjoys photography, I’d love to join this virtual session and learn more about photography fundamentals, composition, and practical tips.

The Photo Show & Tell also sounds especially interesting, it would be great to see how Local Guides from different parts of the world capture and tell stories through their photos. :globe_showing_asia_australia::camera:

Looking forward to joining from Indonesia! See you there! :indonesia: :blush:

2 Likes

Yes, please join us! @JeffryRisandy I am so happy we have this platfom to meeting like-minded LG from all ove the world. I look forward to meeting you online tomorrow!

1 Like

Please share the link to join.

1 Like