Top 100 Google Maps Local Guides Points (July, 2025)

Warm welcome to the 45 new participants. Taking a look at the countries represented, I notice 11 were of one flag. No fault of yours @AdamGT, but I’m still feeling lonely :smirking_face:

5 Likes

Herzlich Willkommen an alle Neuankömmlinge,
soviel Zuwachs @AdamGT es ist erstaunlich.
@IzzyOz tolles Bild, ist das mit KI bearbeitet?
Allen Teilnehmern meine herzlichsten Glückwünsche :folded_hands:

2 Likes

WOW @AdamGT 45 new guides joining the leaderboards, that’s great news. Welcome new guides to the real Leaderboards .

@IzzyOz love the photo … please elaborate and share.

2 Likes

@AdamGT . Beautiful cover as always. Looking forward to joining the level 9 club next month. I am now tantalizingly close

@shaileno @PrasadVR @Rednewt74 @Annaelisa @TerryPG @curatorofmemory

Indeed it is an amazing cover photo taken by @IzzyOz a level 7 Local Guide from my home town, Melbourne, Australia. Like Terry, I can’t wait for her to tell us all more about it.

4 Likes

Yes it is very pleasing to see the numbers growing @Rednewt74 even though it can have a negative impact on some, including myself, in terms of making it harder for some to climb up to the next board, pushing others further down and possibly some even off the charts but hey, this motivates all of us to keep guiding and making better quality contributions :wink:

1 Like

You are certainly right @anon73568702, the top 10 is fast moving towards requiring 1m points however, dropping out of the top 10 is a problem that many of us would love to have :smiley:

1 Like

Yes I get it @tony_b, I really do. Of course given the size of your country, I’d hardly expect to see 11 :barbados: flags. @JustJake has started the Help Grow Our Connect Community initiative to rack up new members and so have I in the Local Guides Wall of Fame! post. We can all do something :wink:

2 Likes

100%! Welcome everyone. I vote for @PickledPixiePie as the most creative named newbie.

4 Likes

Hello, Adam
Thanks for including me in your leaderboard. Actually, we met in CL Tokyo, but I forgot to introduce myself and I just greeted you (I’m so sorry about that). Nice to meet you here.

2 Likes

Thank you @PrasadVR
You have done wonderful jobs with adding more than 36.000 roads, such an amazing achievement.

1 Like

@shaileno @PrasadVR @Rednewt74 @Annaelisa @TerryPG @curatorofmemory

Thank you all for your kind comments on my featured photo and thanks also to @AdamGT for featuring it!

Since some of you asked for extra info I thought I would write a more detailed
post with the backstory and add some additional photos.

4 Likes

Hi @Annaelisa thank you and no the photo was not edited with AI. I just cropped it to landscape as my phone in those days wasn’t set correctly to the right landscape ratio. I only changed the setting when I became a local guide and joined the T100 :grin:

2 Likes

@IzzyOz . Looking forward to it

1 Like

Hello @curatorofmemory :grinning_face:

Here is the link to the post with the background story

1 Like

@IzzyOz . Thanks for the share

1 Like

Wow :trophy: congratulations everyone, thank you @AdamGT for compiling this leaderboard, you are incredible.

Happy to be featured here :blush: in new participants lists :man_dancing:

5 Likes

Best wishes to you @Vandana_shines

May your numbers grow, and you continue to show up on these Leaderboards.

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for your comment @ALG87 and no problem at all. I met and spoke to so many at ConnectLive: Tokyo that I would not be able to recall at all if you did or didn’t introduce yourself but indeed it is nice to meet you here and see you so impactful on the Leaderboards. Congratulations once again.

1 Like