Somewhere Between Hello and Goodbye, We Became Friends

Beyond the Summit: The Connections Continue :globe_showing_europe_africa:

Connect Live Singapore 2026 may be over, but for me, the connections it created are still growing.

Before the summit, I knew many Local Guides only through Connect posts, comments, and occasional conversations. In Singapore, I finally met some of them in person for the first time. And then there were many others I had never spoken to before, yet within just a few days, we became friends so naturally. :handshake:

What I’m enjoying most is seeing these connections continue even after coming home. I find myself tagging new friends from different countries in Connect posts, and they are tagging me in their posts too. Every notification brings back a little memory from Singapore. :heart:

This is what makes Connect Live so special to me. It brings Local Guides from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds together and creates a bond that goes far beyond the event itself.

Some friendships begin with a comment.

Some begin with a post.

And some begin with a simple “Hello” in Singapore.

Now, every time I see a familiar name or get tagged by a friend from another country, I’m reminded that we are all part of one global Local Guides family.

The summit may have ended, but the connections continue—and honestly, I’m loving every bit of it. :blush:

Thank you, Google and the amazing Google Team, for bringing us together. @Kristen_NYC @TiffanyBnyc @TinaWill @Latika_Malhotra @KevinKwok

25 Likes

Nostalgic and Sentimental… @MohammadPalash Sigh!

Looking forward to meeting you again!

1 Like

Ah Nostalgia
Great 3 days

1 Like

Sukses terus ya @MohammadPalash

1 Like

Nostalgic post @MohammadPalash

1 Like

Really… 3 days in Singapore was amazing.. New. Place.. New friend… Just mindblowing :heart: thank to Google team and all LGs. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Well said! @MohammadPalash

1 Like

Thank you so much, everyone! :heart: Your words brought back so many beautiful memories from those unforgettable 3 days in Singapore. It was truly special meeting old friends, making new ones, sharing stories, and creating memories together. :face_holding_back_tears:

Connect Live 2026 was more than just an event—it was a beautiful reunion of the Local Guides family. Huge thanks to the amazing Google team and every Local Guide who made those days so memorable.

Hope we meet again soon, somewhere in the world! Until then, keep mapping, keep connecting, and keep the memories alive.

@OliverKIWI @Trishatishu @TitikMariati @Papel_Mahammud @Pajamatraveller @JakariaSultan @

4 Likes