Saved by Google Maps: How an Indian feast rescued my night at suburbs of Tokyo

After an exhausting day-trip around Mt. Fuji and Hakone, the excitement of the trip was slowly catching up with me. It was raining, streets were getting silent and I was starving for some vegeterian Indian cuisine.

With almost zero idea around the locality, I took my mobile and opened Google Maps. I typed in a search for nearby Indian restaurants. To my absolute relief, a tiny blue pin popped up and it was 30 minutes before restaurant closes. I walked the streets as fast I could following blue line and instructions with Google street view. I reached hotel, doors were still open. I had amazing Aalu paratha (Potato Roll), paneer butter masala and rice, left me with full of joy and peace.

That single Google Maps entry didn’t just point me toward dinner, it completely rescued my night.

Moments like these are exactly why I love contributing as a Local Guide. Accurate hours, verified locations, and real-time reviews aren’t just details on screen for a hungry traveler in a quiet town, they make all the difference.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/bZ9E1ppR9iFcPefV9?g_st=ac

9 Likes

What a story @Rishabh_Mishra

The same happened with us close to Shibuya area.

1 Like

Google Maps is our wholesome guide for us in any country!

1 Like

What a lovely travel experience! @Rishabh_Mishra It’s amazing how a simple Google Maps search can turn a stressful evening into such a memorable meal.

The same thing happened to us in Tokyo too—Google Maps really came to the rescue when we needed it most. :blush:

1 Like

What a fantastic story, @Rishabh_Mishra it’s amazing how Google Maps can really save the day when you need it most. Thanks for sharing your experience!

1 Like

Yes, indeed. I wonder what would life be without Google Maps.

Agreed @NareshDarji!

Luar biasa keren @Rishabh_Mishra :+1:t3:

A warm welcome to the LG Community @Rishabh_Mishra ji :bouquet:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story of discovery of an Indian restaurant in Japan :+1:
Maps proved to be truly a great help.

I invite you to tell about yourself to the community here:
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t/introduce-yourself-october-2026/581201