Hello Local Guides
Hope you are doing great.
While exploring Google Maps today, I noticed a small but interesting UI update that I think many users might find a useful dedicated floating Share button appearing directly on the main map interface.
What Has Changed?
Previously, accessing location-sharing options usually meant tapping your profile picture or interacting with the blue location dot. With this updated interface, Google Maps appears to be introducing a floating Share button directly on the map screen. Tapping it provides quicker access to location-sharing options without having to navigate through additional menus.
Why I Think It’s Useful:
-
Quicker Access to share your location with fewer taps and less navigation.
-
More convenient location sharing tools are available right where you need them on the map itself.
-
The floating button fits naturally with Google Maps modern floating tool design.
For people who frequently share their location while travelling, meeting friends or helping others find a place, this could make the process noticeably easier.
Have you noticed this Share button on your Google Maps app yet?
Is this feature already available in your region or do you still see the previous interface?

