Let’s Celebrate Together! 🥳 August Around the World: Global Independence & National Days 🎆

Happy National Day, SINGAPORE! :singapore: Wishing all the amazing Local Guides in Singapore a fantastic celebration. :tada:

By the way, I love those “Merlion slide cakes.” @Shirni Looks so fancy and so yummy :face_savoring_food: .

@tony_b Thank you for sharing this fascinating list! It’s eye-opening to see how independence dates are spread across the Caribbean.
​August is a huge month here in Southeast Asia, along with Singapore today (Aug 9), Indonesia celebrates on August 17 and Malaysia on August 31!
​Love learning about history from fellow Local Guides. Wishing Barbados an early happy celebration for November! :palm_tree:

1 Like

Thanks very much!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow such a wonderful initiative, Mbak @doc_dells :globe_showing_asia_australia::heart:

As an Indonesian Local Guide, August is always special as our cities and neighborhoods turn red and white to celebrate Independence Day. :indonesia: :heart::white_heart:

This year, I’m also celebrating the 81st Independence Day with fellow Local Guides through “Connect, Camp & Celebrate: Independence Day at Mt. Pundak”—an outdoor meetup combining camping, community, nature, and a flag-raising ceremony at the mountain summit. :camping::mountain: :indonesia:

I’d love to share our celebration with the global Connect community:
Connect, Camp & Celebrate: Independence Day at Mt. Pundak

Happy Independence Day to Indonesia and to all countries celebrating their national days this August! :tada::globe_showing_asia_australia::handshake:

1 Like

Hi mas @JeffryRisandy thank you! Hi Mas @JeffryRisandy, thank you! Indeed, August is an important month for us.

​Wow, this looks like a great initiative! :star_struck: Good luck with the meetup. I wish I could join you all. :raising_hands:t2:

​Please share your event recap with us, and feel free to tag me @doc_dells @Shirni and @NareshDarji so we can include your August festive celebrations in our recap :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, mbak @doc_dells :blush::folded_hands: I really appreciate your kind words and support.

It would have been wonderful to have you join us, but hopefully we can meet in person at another opportunity! :indonesia: :handshake::globe_showing_asia_australia:

I’ll definitely share the recap after the meetup and tag You, @Shirni and @NareshDarji. Looking forward to seeing our Independence Day celebrations included in the global recap! :tada::heart: :indonesia:

2 Likes

Thank you mas @JeffryRisandy :heart_hands: