Inappropriate main image selected by Google

I manage the Google Business Profile for a small theatre in Münster, Germany.

I recently noticed that Google had selected a photo of our accessible toilet as the main image displayed prominently on the profile. This seemed rather odd, especially as we have many more representative photos of the theatre, including the entrance, foyer and auditorium.

I deleted the toilet photo, which had been uploaded through our theatre account. It has now disappeared, but the main photo position is simply greyed out.

Is there any way for a business owner to choose or influence which photo Google displays as the main/cover photo? I would be happy for Google to use one of the many suitable photos already uploaded to the profile.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi @Hanzon
You need a bit of time for the database to synchronize. with a quick check:

So the issue seems to be simply related to the synchronization time needed, that’s why for a bit of time (when did you reported the wrong photo?) the first image was grayed out. However, I would not say “Inappropriate” but simply “missing”. Don’t you agree?
Was you expecting a different photo to be displayed?
If so, you should write to the Google Business profile help community (that’s the community where a business should write for help) to a more detailed explanation about the selection process.