📍 Featured on Google Maps: A Small Notification, A Big Motivation

This image was created using AI

As a Level 9 Local Guide and an active member of the Bangladesh Local Guides Community, my journey with Google Maps has always been driven by one simple thing—love for mapping and helping people.

By profession, I’m a businessperson; by passion, I’m a traveler. And wherever my journey takes me, I naturally find myself looking at the map a little differently.

A new place? I want to add it.

Incorrect information? I want to fix it.

A useful location? I want to document it.

A beautiful or informative spot? I want to capture it and share it.

But among all the things I enjoy about being a Local Guide, there’s one notification that still gives me a special feeling:

“Your photo is featured :camera_with_flash:”

Seeing a photo I uploaded being featured on Google Maps reminds me that even a simple contribution can become useful to someone searching for that place. And honestly, that feeling never gets old.

These days, Local Guiding feels like much more than just a hobby or something I do because I love it. Being deeply connected with the Bangladesh Local Guides Community is a matter of pride for me—and that connection has also brought a greater sense of responsibility.

It motivates me to contribute more thoughtfully, verify information more carefully, and keep working toward making Google Maps more accurate, useful, and representative of the places and communities we know.

For me, every edit, every photo, every added place and every corrected piece of information is a small contribution to a much bigger map.

And when Google Maps says:

“Your photo is featured.” :camera_with_flash:

…it feels like a little reminder that the journey is worth continuing. :heart:

A special thank you to @Kristen_NYC @TiffanyBnyc @TinaWill @MoniDi @Latika_Malhotra and @KevinKwok for your inspiration, support, and dedication to the Local Guides community. :heart:

Being part of this beautiful journey is truly an honor for all of us. Your dedication and encouragement inspire us to contribute more responsibly and continue making Google Maps more useful for everyone,

Keep mapping. Keep exploring. Keep contributing.

#Bdlg #LocalGuidesbd #Bangladeshlocalguide #Mapping #GoogleMapsContributors #LocalGuidesConnect

17 Likes

Great achievement @MohammadPalash !

Congratulation!

David

3 Likes

Congratulations @MohammadPalash bhai :tada::clap:

1 Like

Hi @MohammadPalash,

Congratulations on your achievement! However, please edit all of your shared images so that they do not contain the official Google Maps logo.

Please keep in mind the Local Guides/Google Maps logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides/Google Maps logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials without expressed written permission. Please refer to Local Guides community policy for more information.

While the official Local Guides logo remains reserved for Google’s use, the new community logo & assets are yours to use for things like meetups, custom swag, and forum headers.

2 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations :tada: @MohammadPalash

A small notification can bring a lot motivation. Keep contributing an inspiring…

1 Like

Congratulations Bhai.

1 Like

just received

another photo featured notification on Google Maps! Feeling super excited and happy about it Thank dear LG for comment @davidhyno @NileshNag @framesbysumedh @AkterAshik @AbdusSattar

3 Likes