Edited place name is getting noticed

Sometimes it’s the little things that count. A few months ago, as I visited a popular picnic spot, I noticed the name of a nearby place on Google Maps did not match exactly to the name on the sign. I made an edit (supported by a photograph), and it was immediately accepted. I’d completely forgotten about it until I received this email telling me how many people had seen my edit.

20 Likes

Well done! @tony_b

Keep updating the map.

1 Like

90k views for a single update, thats nice number. @tony_b

1 Like

Congratulations :clap: :tada: keep contributing

1 Like

Congratulations keep contributing @tony_b

1 Like

@tony_b well done !

1 Like

Well done @tony_b!

Did you know, for some type of edits, such as changing the name, adding a new place and several others, you can see the number of views not only in these mails, but also under My Contributions on the desktop as well as the mobile app:


My screenshots show place, I recently add and then also uploaded photos. I consider this a good opportunity to compare the ratio of number views for the photos (max 162) versus the views for adding the place as of today = 430.

1 Like

Hi @tony_b,

Thank you for sharing with us!

Since what you shared is related to your achievement it will fit best in the “Connection & celebrations” category with the “Gratitude post” tag and I will make that change, to keep the community organized.

Please note, using the right tags and categories on your topics makes it easier for other Local Guides to find what they’re looking for in the community.

1 Like

Kleine Änderung, große Wirkung @tony_b herzlichen Glückwunsch :tada:

1 Like

Thanks for acknowledging my oost @NareshDarji @anon64801222 @deepakjhic

1 Like

Your comments are welcome @ShreyaMusings @MohammadPalash @Shalz

2 Likes

That’s interesting to know @WilfriedB

Unfortunately, the My Contributions list is so long, a name Edit like this which was done a few months ago, would be long since buried at the bottom of the heap.

I just tested and found a few, but it took a lot of scrolling to reach them.

1 Like

Besides that, scrolling the edits is much slower than for the photos :pensive_face:

1 Like

Yes, it was a a very small change @Annaelisa, that’s why I thought it would make a good post. There are many little details on the map that are incorrect, and we can fix them when we see them.

1 Like

Great. 90K is huge number

Congrats @tony_b :smiley:

1 Like

@tony_b great job!

1 Like