AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Really weird! 5 months ago

Caption: Screenshot of Maps showing part of a review and a couple of photos added to Museo Centro Cultural, Manta "5 months ago" together with a globe with pins of places reviewed by @AdamGTCaption: Screenshot of Maps showing part of a review and a couple of photos added to Museo Centro Cultural, Manta "5 months ago" together with a globe with pins of places reviewed by @AdamGT

This is really weird. I was just searching for a review I recently added to Maps when I noticed at least a hundred reviews and photos around the world (Australia, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Ecuador, Asheville NC etc etc), which Maps has suggested I added 5 months ago! Yes I added these reviews and photos but not 5 months ago! One review that Maps has shown I added 5 months ago has a reply from the business owner 5 years ago 😱  What's really strange is that I have not edited or even looked at these reviews for years.

For some time now many have reported loss of points, views, and even different contribution counts such as the number of Edits but have you noticed anything strange regarding the date shown for when you added reviews?

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Really weird! 5 months ago

Hello @AdamGT 

Yes I have noticed something very very strange on the maps as well last week.

I was searching for an information regarding post offices right. I decided to check on some post offices location on the maps where  I have been to. To my greatest surprise the reveiw and photos I had written and posted 3 years ago were in the draft(Not posted) I had to post it then. Therefore it reads that this review was written 6 days ago. Whereas I visited the post office 3 years ago and wrote that review.

I couldn't understand why and didn't ask either. Can you explain that to me please?

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge

Connect Moderator

Re: Really weird! 5 months ago

I think your case is a little different @SholaIB as even though you visited this post office 3 years ago, because your review and photos ended up in draft, you didn't actually post until some 6 days ago and so Maps took that as the review/visit date. Now I agree that this is wrong and in fact, if you edit a review that say you posted 3 years ago, Maps incorrectly treats the date of your edit as being the review date. I have reported this before.

Furthermore, in my case, I've had business owners reply to my reviews, before my review date!

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!