ryuch2000's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My google guides account is tied to a work account, I'd like to transfer it to my personal account

My google guides L7 account is tied to a work account, I'd like to transfer it to my personal account to manage outside my work profile. 

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My google guides account is tied to a work account, I'd like to transfer it to my personal accou

Hello @ryuch2000 

Just to let you know that it's a good thing to separate your work account from your local guides program account. Infact it's a violation of the Local guides rules and regulations   to participate using a work account 

Nevertheless contributions cannot.be transfered from one account to the other. 

Contributions to Google Maps must originate from a single Google account to count towards benefits and cannot be transferred between owned accounts.

Use of Multiple Accounts: Local Guides may participate in the programme with one account. Do not create or use multiple accounts to evade our policies or bypass blocks or otherwise subvert restrictions placed on your account.
N.B. The above are extract from the official local gudes and regulations article.

I'll advise you to  start a new Gmail account for work purposes and keep your level 7 account for local guides program. Otherwise start a new one for local guides program. Hope this helps.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Re: My google guides account is tied to a work account, I'd like to transfer it to my personal accou

@ryuch2000 just want to add to what Shola has mentioned above - is your current Google account a Google Workspace or personal Gmail account? If your current account is a Workspace account, then I'd suggest creating a new personal (or use an existing personal account) for the purpose of Local Guides contribution, rather than keeping your current one. Make sure to close the Local Guides account for the Workspace account afterwards.

I'm not sure what your current situation is, but in case you (or anyone) receives a Google Workspace account from a company, you will lose your contribution when you need to surrender the account when you leave the company, which means all the contributions will be lost. This is why it's recommended to use a personal Gmail account for your Local Guides / Google Maps contributions.