Anannya_19's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

1st Meet-up Hosted by Ketan Kangankar, at Pune Okayama Friendship Garden

I'm excited to share my experience of attending my first-ever meetup on January 26th, 2024, at the Pune Okayama Friendship Garden located on Sinhagad Road, Pune. The meetup was wonderfully hosted by @Ketan_Kangankar 

Photo 01: Photo by our Puneri LG , just after the main entrance of the garden.Photo 01: Photo by our Puneri LG , just after the main entrance of the garden.

Exploring this garden for the first time was truly a delightful experience. The garden is meticulously maintained, and before entering, visitors are required to obtain a ticket. For those arriving by car or bike, ample parking space is available within the garden premises, and the best part is, it's completely free of cost. 

IMG_20240126_172148.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

2. Introduction of the team.2. Introduction of the team.

We wisely booked our tickets in advance, anticipating the long queue that awaited us at the entrance. This foresight allowed us to breeze through the entry process and make the most of our time exploring the garden without any unnecessary delays.

After a brief internal introduction, the conversation shifted to various individuals sharing their experiences with Google Maps and discussing its latest features. I found this discussion incredibly insightful and helpful. It provided valuable insights and tips that could enhance our usage of the platform. It's always beneficial to exchange such knowledge within the team, and I'm grateful for the enlightening conversation we had.

IMG_0100.jpg

As it was a national holiday, a sizable crowd started to gather. One of the first things that caught our attention was the seamless entry process, which accommodated even wheelchair users with ease. We were impressed by the accessibility features at the main gate, ensuring everyone, regardless of mobility, could enter comfortably. Additionally, we were pleased to discover that wheelchair users had access to their restroom, a thoughtful and considerate inclusion that enhanced the overall experience for all visitors. It's heartening to see such attention to inclusivity and accessibility in public spaces.

IMG_0097.jpg

The pathways cleverly concealed the garden's lower levels, leading visitors on a delightful journey of discovery. A serene waterfall and Japanese-style wooden bridges added to the charm while seating nooks provided tranquil spots for relaxation.

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Though off-limits, the lush green lawns drew visitors to the central fountain for photos and selfies. Later, we connected virtually with fellow LGs as planned, enjoying the camaraderie despite the distance.

IMG_0125.jpg

Screenshot_20240126_174731.jpg

After enjoying some quality time in the garden, we transitioned to the next chapter of our outing: food, as the evening approached. 

Our destination was The Chaat Cafe Pune, Amidst a delightful atmosphere, we engaged in pleasant conversation, sharing experiences and insights. Tushar took the lead, offering a detailed explanation of the Connect portal and imparting encouragement to fellow local guides. Our discussion primarily revolved around our experiences with updating and collecting data for Google Maps, proving to be incredibly informative for everyone present.

20240126_182157.jpg

Click by Amey Naware

To top it off, Tushar generously distributed some Google stickers and other goodies, adding a touch of excitement to our gathering. Following this, we captured some wonderful shots of the delicious food and the cozy ambiance of the cafe. It was an excellent exchange all around, filled with camaraderie and learning.

IMG_20240126_183313 (1) (1) (1).jpg

Click by Omkar Jadhav 

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_20240126_214636.jpg

Click by Ketan Kangankar

As we prepared to part ways, there was a shared commitment among us to continue our active engagement with Google Maps and the Connect portals, ensuring ongoing support and collaboration within our community. The prospect of upcoming gatherings, already planned and eagerly awaited, brought a sense of anticipation as we looked forward to reconnecting with familiar faces and welcoming new members into our fold. We received a nice goodie from the host, @Ketan_Kangankar 

Thanks to everyone for their punctuality and warm hospitality, and a special shoutout to Ketan for organizing the fantastic gathering.

Thank you so much to the local guides who have been part of the meet-up: @ajitthite

@Onkarjadhav  @ameysun @abhishekpatk @Madankumarj  @ameysun @ajaypatil1509  @tushar_Suradkar 

Don't forget to share your feedback here. Cheers!!

Abanerjee
20 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 1st Meet-up Hosted by Ketan Kangankar, at Pune Okayama Friendship Garden

A very well-written post @Anannya_19 with an artistic and poetic touch, I loved reading through it while enjoying some rare and nostalgic photos.

The panorama photo and the food photos have come out really good 👍

Looking forward to meeting all Pune local guides tomorrow 😊

Level 7

@Tushar_Suradkar Thank you so much for all your support & guidance. 

Abanerjee
Level 9

@Anannya_19 

Congratulations for your 1st meet up, well describe post with beautiful photos here I could see everyone clearly because close up photos taken and yummy chats specially the dahi balla photo. 

My best wishes to you, attend virtual meet up also. 

You will get more connected to local guide. 

Join state challenge virtually one of longest meet up earlier every saturday it was now every month first saturday. Check it we play Trivia game. About the post given in study material. 

We you attend even you take latter . 

My best wishes to you. 

Level 10

@Anannya_19 WOW. A wonderful meetup. Thanks for sharing with us.

Md. Jakir Hossan

Level 8

congratulations for first meetup. Beautiful place with bunch of beautiful local guides. All of the photos are amazing. 

Soykot Azam, Greetings from Sonargaon-Bangladesh.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You can also check

My recent post 

Facebook 

Youtube 

Level 8

A well composed post showcasing your masscomm / journalistic skills. I suggest you host a virtual meet to train local guides on how to compos e a post 😊

Level 8

Wow! thanks for sharing with us.

Mohammad ZI Sayem
Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

a knowledge sharing meet up filled with laughter and good vibes nicely narrated Recap. @Anannya_19  & thank you very much for sharing with us.

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 7

Thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes! It was truly a delightful experience for me. Your suggestion to attend virtual meetups is excellent, and I'll explore those opportunities to stay connected with our community even more. Joining the state challenge virtually sounds like a fantastic idea! It's a great way to deepen our connections with local guides and engage in fun activities like Trivia games. We'll be sure to check it out and participate whenever possible.

Once again, thank you for your encouragement and for being a part of our community. We look forward to many more memorable meetups and virtual gatherings together! @RosyKohli 

Abanerjee