gearyhanson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

why

Screenshot_20240501-025325_Maps.jpg

•  so are we not allowed to add pics to reviews at all now? this is getting ridiculous ...... this is a joke... I don't think I can keep wasting my time 6 or 7 years I'm ready to uninstall 
Warren, MI, USA
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: why

Hello @gearyhanson 

Sorry about this problem you are facing. Perhaps it's better to clearly explain or state the issue you are facing here on connect. It's possible to help you out and find a solution.

Nevertheless one thing is, the local guides program has always been a voluntary program. While are always sorry to see you go,nevertheless,you are free to opt out(Uninstall) or remain(Keep your app)

Feel free to  Read "How-to-close-your-Connect-profile"  . That's for connect.

If you want to delete your contributions before leaving/Uninstalling the app,it has to be done manually.

• To delete your photos on mobile click on the photo and then tap the basket(Trash can sign) on the right corner of the photo. You have to perform this action for every photo that you want ro delete.
  • For reviews click on the three dots near the review and select delete. Again you have to repeat this action for all the reveiws you want to delete.
  • There are other contributions like edits etc that you can't delete or reverse.
  • Whatever contributions left will appear anonymous on Google maps.

N.B you can download your contributions through Google take out if you will like to keep them for your own use. 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

what wasn't I clear on? pictures that were posted are turning into "upload pending"

I can't upload at all somerimes/MOST TIMES. 

I can't add pictures on reviews now.. I edited a review tonight to add a video, then the 12 pics and a video a had posted 8 moths ago turned into "upload pending" 

Level 8

what other questions do you have... are you an "expert" you seem like a <REMOVED>

Google Moderator

Hello @gearyhanson,

Please remember that Connect is a global community with many folks from various cultural backgrounds and speaking various languages. Profanity of any kind is not allowed on Connect as we want Connect to be a warm and welcoming place for all, so please refrain from using inappropriate language.

In addition, we couldn't replicate what you've shared so feel free to try uploading your images another time and let us know if the issue still persists.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!